t h i r t y f i v e

"rowoon stop!"chani squeals as rowoon picks him up. his face turning a deep burgundy as the older looks into his eyes.

"you're so cute,"rowoon says, giving him a smile and putting him down. mark laughs and smiles, knowing chani was happy made him happy.

"hey! i have an idea,"jisung suddenly states, popping his head out. everyone looks at him and he smiles, going over to youngjae and jaebum.

"okay so, stand in front of the wall facing sideways. jaebum put your hands on youngjae's tummy and youngjae turn to look up at jaebum,"jisung explained. they both raised their eyebrows but nodded their heads, getting into that position.

"are your outfits special?"mark asks, holding up the bucket.

"no why,"youngjae says, suddenly feeling a thick cold substance up and down his body. his jaw drops as he looks down to see the different shades of blue and pink.

"okay now step away from the wall!"jisung says. jaebum laughs at youngjae's expression before following the instructions.

"did you guys really just throw paint at us?"youngjae asks. the boys nod but point over to the wall. youngjae gasps when he sees it.

the wall behind was yellow which was the color of the whole room. then there was a splash of all the colors on the wall, leaving an open spaces for the yellow.

the open space showed what jisung previously told jaebum and youngjae to stand as. youngjae's eyes widen and he smiles.

"now you'll always be with your baby,"jisung says. youngjae starts to tear up a bit while jaebum looks over and panics.

"what's wrong?!?"he freaks, looking into youngjae's eyes. he takes the boy's face into his hands and youngjae sobs. the room goes dead silent with only the noise of youngjae crying.

"i'm sorry,"jisung mumbles. he really thought youngjae would love it. rowoon sighs, placing an arm around the nervous chani. the younger boy jumps but eases into his touch.

"sorry? i love it!"youngjae says, still sobbing. the whole story behind it was just making him emotional. the thought of their baby feeling unsafe but looking over and seeing their mommy and daddy made him cry.

"thank you,"youngjae says. going over to hug jisung but getting rejected. mark laughs at youngjae's confused expression as jisung points to youngjae's paint covered body. youngjae nods his head, going over to the extra paint buckets and grabbing one.

he opens the cap and throws the paint at rowoon and chani who were sitting there silently. the boy's gasp and look at their clothes, turning to look at youngjae with scowls on their faces.

"oh it's on."

———

after their paint war, the room was splashed with colors everywhere, but to be honest the boys really liked it. they ended up filling up water balloons and chucking it at each other, some missed and splattered on the wall.

"that was fun,"mark says, rubbing his hair with the towel and walking down the stairs. jisung's face dropped in realization of what would happen next. he never wanted to go back to that place.

"jisung and i have to go, i'll see you guys soon!"mark says. youngjae nods his head, yelling a thank you as his face was stuffed with food. jaebum laughs and spits his water all over the counter.

"you guys are a mess."

———

"mark i don't want to go in,"jisung says, looking at the familiar house. mark takes jisung's hands in his and looks into his eyes.

"look. nothing is going to happen to you okay? i won't allow it to. i'm a pretty good fighter okay? we will get your stuff and get out."

"okay,"jisung says, opening mark's truck door and climbing out. the door opens to the house and his mother steps outside. her eyes flare up at the sight of jisung.

"where were you?!?"she screams at him, making the younger boy tear up. mark wraps a protective arm around his shoulder.

"he was with me."

"what is this your boyfriend now jisung? are you a homo?"she yells, throwing her beer can at the boy. jisung lets out a wince and goes down to hold his knee. his eyes tearing up.

"here get in the car,"mark says, helping the boy into the seat. jisung locks the doors as mark goes over to his mom, grabbing her wrist and dragging her inside incase she tried to do anything while mark tried to get jisung's stuff together.

"he's staying with me now,"mark says, packing jisung's stuff into a suitcase. he didn't know if his mom would fight for him, but mark was willing to do whatever it takes for jisung to be safe. even if that means staying alive for a little more time without jackson.

"he's legally my child,"she slurs, leaning against the wall. mark grabs his suitcases, pushing the door open with his foot. he turns to jisung's mom, looking her in the eyes.

"well obviously you don't know how to take care of your child. i guess that's one of the perks of being a drunk,"he responds making her gasp and lunge herself forward, to which mark just steps to the side and lets her fall.

"if you ever touch him again, i'll have you locked up. permanently,"mark replies, stomping out. he places the things in the truck and gets in the drivers seat. jisung looks at him and mark smiles.

"time to go."

————————————————————

hi! i know this chapter sucks ass and is basically just a filler chapter but i've got more shit planned i promise. i think this book will end at maybe forty five?

question : do you stan seventeen? if so who's your bias?

answer : hell yeah i adore them and seungcheol is my bias and he enjoys stabbing me (: