Forgiveness and Trust

Vivian stared at her Aunt for a long time, many thoughts floated around in her head as she dropped her gaze and looked down at her lap.

Maria:"Vivian..."

Vivian:"It's ok Auntie Maria..."

Vivian looked up at her aunt with a smile on her face.

Vivian:"If you say you were only doing what you though was right... I forgive you. I could never be mad at someone who was thinking about my well being."

Maria gasped as she stared at the young girl in front of her who smiled at her. Maria stared at Vivian before she saw Vivian's mother in her place, smiling at her.

Maria:'Rosella....'

~Flashback~

Maria walked threw the garden with Rosella who was smiling to herself, she was already seven month pregnant she was excited.

Maria:"You just can't wait to have you child can you?"

Rosella:"Is it that obvious?"

Maria giggled and smiled as Rosella rubbed her growing stomach.

Rosella:"Maria..."

Maria:"What is it Rosella?"

Rosella:"If... If something were to happen to me... Would you consider watching over my children for me?"

Maria:"How could you say such a thing? Nothing will happen to you!"

Rosella:"Please don't be upset... I'm only asking you a simple question..."

Maria looked down at the ground and tried to think as Rosella turned to her. Rosella smiled and gently took Maria's hands into her own and Maria looked up at her surprised.

Maria:"Rosella?"

Rosella smiled at her causing Maria to smile back.

Maria:"Of course, I'll watch over your children as if they were my own."

Rosella:"And..."

Maria:"And?"

Rosella looked at Maria and said:

"Promise me, that no matter what path they take, you will be by their sides and make sure they are happy. That is all I want for my children."

Maria blinked before she smiled and gave a nod.

Maria:"Promise."

~End of Flashback~

Vivian:"Auntie Maria? What's wrong?"

Maria:"W-What do you mean?"

Vivian:"Your crying."

Maria touched her cheeks and felt them wet from tears. She smiled to herself as she wiped them away.

Maria:"I'm alright."

Vivian blinked before she smiled at her aunt and gave her a hug. Maria smiled and hugged her niece back.

Maria:'She's just like Rosella...'

Later...

Ciel and Kaisho sat in the study as they played chest when there was a knock at the door.

Kaisho:"Come in."

The door opened and Maria entered the study. Both looked up from the chest bored and turned to her as she closed the door behind herself.

Kaisho:"Aunt Maria, everything alright?"

Maria walked over to them and stood behind Ciel. She looked at the young earl who stared at her before she gave a smile.

Maria:"Kaisho is it alright if I speak to young Phantomhive alone for a moment?"

Kaisho:"Of course."

Kaisho stood up and exit the study. Ciel stands up and offers his seat to Maria who accepts it and Ciel sits in Kaisho's seat.

Ciel:"What have I done to upset you this time that you had to need to me in privet?"

Maria:"Nothing at all, I just wished to speak to you in privet is all."

Ciel:"Very well. Would you like a cup of tea? Sebastian."

The door to the study opens and Sebastian enters the study wheeling in a cart with a tea set and some pastries. He pours them both a cup of tea and sets them in front of both Ciel and Maria. Maria takes the saucer and takes a small sip as Ciel just holds his own cup in his hands.

Ciel:"What is the important matter you wish to discuss?"

Maria sets her cup back on the saucer and sets them on the desk.

Maria:"It's about Vivian."

Ciel:"Let me guess, you wish for me to leave her alone. Correct?"

Maria:"That isn't the case."

Ciel:"Oh? Then what is?"

He takes a sip of his tea as Maria says:

"You love her very much, do you not?"

Ciel sets his cup and saucer down on the desk and rests his head on both his hands.

Ciel:"Of course I do."

Maria:"You would do anything to protect her, correct?"

Ciel:"I would give up my life to protect her at any cost."

Maria:"...... I see....."

She picks up her tea cup and takes a sip as Ciel sits up normally.

Maria:"Very well then. Thank you for the talk young Phantomhive."

She sets her cup down, gives Ciel a smile and exits the study. Ciel sighs an leans back into the chair before turning to Sebastian.

Ciel:"That was... Interesting."

Sebastian:"It would appear Lady Maria was testing you in some way to see if you are worthy of Lady Vivian."

Ciel looks at the door and blinks confused before he smiles a little.

Ciel:"Well then... I truly hope I passed."

Maria walked down the hallway before she stopped on her tracks. She smiled to herself and looked down at her family crest on her bracelet.

Maria:"Vivian... Faith family name is build on forgiving people and trusting others. You have forgiven me and I now trust young Phantonhive... I just hope you both can forgive and trust me...."

She sighs and continues to walk down the hallway with a smile on her face.