F-O-R-T-Y-N-I-N-E

Daniel's POV:
He came in, not wearing his ring, this worries me.

Daniel: what are you saying?

Joey: I think we should separate.

Daniel: you want to separate? Why?

Joey: because I'm lost with myself, but only until I've found myself again. Once I have I will come back.

I couldn't believe this, as much as I loved Joey. I for some some reason, feel more worried about who Kacey is going to go with.

Daniel: I should be the one to go, let me know when things work out for you.
I said in a low tone. I went upstairs, to our room and pulled out a suitcase and packed a couple of clothes, and other things.

Joey's POV:
Daniel choose to leave, he went upstairs as I stayed downstairs thinking to myself. I looked at my left hand which no longer had the ring on, at this point I felt divorced, even though we were still married.

Kacey's POV:
I heard footsteps coming upstairs, I peaked through the crack of the door it was Daniel walking up and going into his  and Joey's room. I heard rummaging around, of items. I decided to go and see what he was doing.

To my surprise the door was partly open, I slowly walked and said;

Kacey: what happened downstairs?
I said, as Daniel turned round holding a folded up shirt.

Daniel: me and your dad, had an argument about what he did to you, he came back and now wants to separate. So I'll be going tomorrow.

Kacey: what? Daniel, you can't leave me with him.

Daniel: I'll only be gone temporarily. Just a few weeks or days. You must be strong, you hear me?

Kacey: ok. But if things get worse, will you adopt me?

Daniel: Kacey sweetie, we had this talk before. I wish I could, but there no way your mother will sign the paper. And I can't take you with me.

Kacey: why?

Daniel: because it will upset Joey. Promise me, that you will be strong.

Kacey: promise.

Daniel: and here, take this. Its the address of the apartment I'll be staying in. Don't let Joey see it.

Daniel's POV;

Kacey takes the small piece of paper, putting it in her pocket. Her eyes were full of tears, but she was trying not to cry. I finished packing and went downstairs, to Joey who was sitting at the table with a glass of wine, and was on his phone, scrolling through Twitter.

He sees that I'm here and says;

Joey: how long will you be gone?

Daniel: however long you need to be apart from me.

Joey: oh, alright.

Daniel: I'll be leaving tomorrow.

Joey: I see.

Kacey comes downstairs on her phone texting, it's probably Rick. When Joey saw this it concerned him. It's not till Kacey starts talking about Rick and about how good of a person she is, which winded up Joey and made him go upstairs.

Joey: I don't wanna hear this.
Joe said storming off upstairs.

Kacey: Rick is such a lovely person.

Daniel: I'm sure she is.

Kacey: I really don't want you to go.

Daniel: I know but, me and your dad just need to spend some time apart. And don't give him that chance to hurt you, if he does then you may need to fight back.