Spy(Poe Dameron)

Poe's POV

"Poe, there's someone I'd like you to meet," General Leia Organa said. I smiled and stood up.

"Alright," I said, curious. I followed General Organa to the docking bay. A girl was standing there alone, taking in everything. She had curly (H/C) hair, intelligent (E/C) eyes, and (S/C) skin. She was beautiful.

"(Y/N)," General Organa called, and the girl smiled at her, waved, and hurried over. "This is Poe Dameron, our best pilot. Poe, this is (Y/N) (L/N). She's a new recruit." (Y/N) smiled at me and held out her hand. I shook her hand, smiling.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Dameron," she said. Her voice was like chocolate and a perfect summer day. Intoxicating. I could listen to her talk all day.

"Please, call me Poe," I said. "There's no need to be so formal." (Y/N) smiled and nodded.

"Okay," she said. I grinned at her. My charm was already working.

"Poe, please show (Y/N) around the base," General Organa said. I nodded to her.

"Sure, General," I said. (Y/N) followed me out of the docking bay, clutching her bag. I showed her around the base, pointing out where we ate, slept, anything I thought she needed to know. She asked questions, and I answered them to the best of my abilities. When the tour finished, I smiled her.

"Where's your living assignment," I asked her. (Y/N) smiled at me.

"Unit 99-07." I grinned.

"That's right next to mine," I said. I wasn't lying. That unit was right across the hall from mine. I showed her there, then left her alone to get settled in.

(Y/N)'s POV

I smiled to myself. I grabbed my communication device and retreated to the corner of the room. "Hello, Supremacy? This is (Y/N) Hux. I have an in already. The pilot we captured a while back, Poe Dameron, has taken a liking to me. I should have him wrapped around my finger in no time." I finished my report quickly. If anyone knew I was a spy, the whole mission would be destroyed. I couldn't let that happen.

I decided to get some rest. I had traveled a long way to find the Resistance, and being sleep deprived wouldn't help Amy at all.

***

I woke up to knocking on my door. I walked over and opened it. Poe Dameron was standing there. I smiled at him. "Hey, Poe," I said. "What's up?"

"Do you want to go for a walk together?" I rose an eyebrow.

"It's almost dawn," I said.

"I know," Poe answered. "That's the best time to take a walk, here." I smiled at him.

"Sure. Let me get dressed first, okay?" Poe nodded.

"Sure, (Y/N)." I smiled at him, walked into my room, and closed the door. Then I changed into a white shirt, jeans, and boots as fast as possible. When I got back out, Poe inhaled sharply. "You're gorgeous," he said. I smiled, and blushed. 

"Thanks," I said. Poe offered me his arm, which I took. He led me out of his base, up a hill, and into a forest.

"Where are you taking me," I askeId, laughing. Poe grinned.

"You'll see," he said mysteriously. He continued to walk deeper and deeper into the woods. Curious, I followed him, until he stopped and turned to me. I nearly ran into him when he took my hand. His brown eyes were bright and full of excitement. "Come on," he said, tugging my hand. "It's just up ahead." I stumbled after Poe. Finally, we reached the place he wanted to show me. I gasped when I saw it.

It was an open field, surrounded by oak trees. There were wildflowers everywhere. I walked forward a few steps, then turned to Poe. "This is amazing," I said to him. Poe smiled and walked over to me. He took my hands.

"It's nothing compared to you," he said. Before I knew what I was doing, my lips were crashing onto his. His arms found their way around my waist. My hands were clutching his jacket. I broke off the kiss abruptly. Poe frowned, and I could see the hurt in his eyes.

"I shouldn't have done that," I said. "I'm sorry." I turned to walk down to the Resistance base, tears in my eyes. Poe caught my elbow.

"Wait," he said. I looked at him, trying desperately to keep myself from crying. "(Y/N), I've been in the Resistance a long time, long enough to know that any day my ship could crash, I get shot in the heart, I could get captured and executed by the First Order. There are a hundred million ways I could die out here. There's no guarantee that I'll live to see the galaxy freed." I stared into his eyes. There was a fierce light in them, strong and wild and beautiful.

"What's your point," I whispered, unable to speak any louder.

"My point is, screw doing what we should do. Life's too short, now more than ever, to waste time on keeping ourselves from feeling what we want to feel or think we shouldn't feel. From the moment I first saw you, that became clear to me. (Y/N), I am extremely, irrevocably in love with you." My heart was beating hard in my chest, so hard that I wondered if Poe could hear it too. And I knew Poe had spoke the truth. "Do you feel the same, (Y/N)," he asked quietly. I answered by kissing him fiercely, passionately.

That night, when I returned to my room, I picked up my communicator, ready to make my report. I stared at it a few seconds, then placed it back on the dresser.

Three Weeks Later

Poe's POV

"(Y/N), this is Amy. You need to make your report. I-I'm worried about you, Sis." I heard the words coming from (Y/N)'s room. She was out, walking around the base with Rey. I opened the door cautiously, quietly.

"Amy, can you keep it down," (Y/N) whispered. "You're going to get me caught." There was a pause. I stayed in the doorway, my heart pounding.

"(Y/N)?"

"Yes, it's me."

"(Y/N), why haven't you been making your reports? I thought you had been caught. Supreme Leader Ren is worried too, though he hasn't admitted it."

"Listen, Amy, it's complicated--"

"You're working for the First Order," I asked. (Y/N) turned around. There was shock and horror in her eyes.

"Poe--" she began.

"(Y/N), are you alright?"

"Amy--"

"You've been caught." (Y/N) swallowed.

"Yes," she said quietly.

"Don't worry. We're going to come and rescue you. Just hold on, okay?" (Y/N)'s eyes widened.

"No, Amy, don't--" The communicator went silent. I stared at (Y/N). She stared back at me. I walked across the room, grabbed her arm, and started pulling her out of her room to find General Organa.