Ghost Part 2(Anakin)

A/N: WARNING: The following contains spoilers for The Rise of Skywalker. I know it's been out for a while, but if you haven't seen it, just skip this part. Thank you.

Nikki raced through the forest, R2 and Rey beside her. "Nikki, you have to get out of here!" Anakin hovered beside her, concern etched into his ghostly face.

"What do you think I'm trying to do?" Nikki screamed back. She needed to get to the Falcon. Starkiller base was coming apart fast, and she didn't know if Kylo Ran was following them or if he was even alive.

"Please hurry, Nikki," Anakin begged. "I can't lose you, too."

"I'm trying," Nikki sobbed, tears streaming down her face.

"Nikki, look out," Rey shrieked. A tree root seemed to materialize out of nowhere. Nikki tripped over it and hit her head. Then everything went black.

***

Nikki woke up in the med bay in the Resistance bay. Rey was standing above her. "We found Luke Skywalker." Nikki sat up quickly. 

"Great! When do we leave?"

"Now."

***

Luke Skywalker stood on top of the mountain on Ahch-To, staring at the sea. "The Palpatines are going to be here soon." Luke turned to look at the ghost of his old friend. She looked back at him, unflinching. "Don't deny it, Luke. Can't you feel them?" Luke glared at her. "Oh. Right." Nikki Naberrie looked at her feet.

"Do they have the Force?" Luke finally asked, looking at the sea once more.

"Let's see...." Nikki squinted at the horizon. "My namesake received a couple years of training at a young age and is quite strong with a high level of control. Her sister just learned she has the Force and has experimented with her abilities. You know, summoning objects, Jedi mind tricks, seeing visions from your father's old lightsaber, that kind of thing."

"She has Father's lightsaber?"

"Mmhm. I don't like it either, but she has it."

"How exactly do you know that?"

"I'm a magical, omnipotent ghost. Wooo." Nikki wiggled her fingers at Luke, giggling. Luke couldn't help smiling. 

"You haven't changed at all."

"It's one of my best qualities," Nikki said, smiling. Her expression darkened slightly. "You know she's going to want you to train her, right?"

"I won't do it."

"I know. Just be prepared, okay? Bye, Nephew." Nikki vanished, leaving Luke to stare at the sea and think.

***

Rey and Chewie landed the Falcon perfectly. Anakin ran out of the Falcon with R2D2 in tow. Nikki jogged after them, despite the fact that she wasn't quite ready to stand after leaving hyperspace. Rey tried to keep up with Nikki as they tackled the stairs up to the top of the mountain.

"Slow down," Nikki yelled at Anakin.

"Who are you talking to?" Chewie asked. Nikki swore under her breath.

"The ghost of Anakin Skywalker follows me around. He guides me. And right now, HE'S GOING WAY TO FAST BECAUSE HE FORGETS THAT THE REST OF US ARE HUMAN AND CAN'T SPEED UP STAIRS LIKE THESE!" Anakin turned around and waited for Nikki, grinning sheepishly.

"Sorry, Nikki," he said, a sad look in his eyes. "I'm just excited to see my son. It's been awhile, but.... I just miss him, okay?"

"I get it," she said softly. "Just slow down, okay? And, let's let Rey take the lead. This is her quest, after all." Anakin nodded and waved to her. Nikki rolled her eyes. "She can't see you."

"Oh. Right." They let Rey pass them and walked up the rest of the stairs together. When they finally got to the top, a figure was staring at the ocean with his back turned. He turned around and flipped down his hood. Rey didn't say anything. She just held out the lightsaber. Luke stared at them for a few seconds, then took the lightsaber. He tossed it over his shoulder and walked away.

*Time Skip*

"Luke," Nikki said softly. He stared at her. "I need you to train Rey."

"I can't do that."

"Luke," Anakin said. "Please." Tears welled up in Luke's eyes.

"Father?" Anakin smiled.

"Yes, it's me, son. And I'm asking you to train Rey. She's brilliant and powerful, and she needs someone to guide her. I've already got my hands full with Nikki. And Nikki has taken care of Rey for years. So, please, give this girl the guidance she needs before she finds it in the Dark Side."

***

"Tomorrow at dawn. Three lessons. I will teach you the ways of the Jedi, and why they need to end."

Nikki smiled to herself as Anakin pumped his fist in victory.