Of Course(Luke Skywalker)

"Let me go, you fat slug!" Jabba just laughed and dragged Nikki's chain closer. This was infuriating. She had been caught trying to rescue Han. She had been forced into a metal bikini and chained to Jabba.

Nikki shuddered as she felt his hot breath against her face. At that moment, Bib Fortuna entered with C3PO and R2D2, and she was released. Nikki stumbled as far away from Jabba as she could get. Bib Fortuna walked up to Jabba and whispered into his ear. Jabba laughed and looked at 3PO. He bowed and said, "Good morning." Jabba returned the greeting in Huttese. 3PO nudged R2. "The message, R2, the message." R2D2 whistled, and projected a hologram.

"Greetings, Exalted One." Nikki smiled.

"Luke," she whispered. She didn't really listen to the rest of the message. She just stared at his face, his beautiful blue eyes, and sandy blond hair. A minute later, 3PO was freaking out.

"There will be no bargain," Jabba growled. 

"We're doomed," 3PO lamented.

***

"Luke!" Leia grabbed Nikki and pulled her back.

"Nikki, listen to me. Luke will survive. You have to believe he'll survive." Nikki pressed her face against Leia's shoulder and cried. Minutes later, Leia nudged her off her shoulder. "It's okay," she whispered into Nikki's hair. "They're okay." Nikki turned to look at where Leia was looking. Han, Luke, and Chewbacca were walking toward Jabba together. "I'm here," Leia called to Han.

"Luke," Nikki yelled. He looked up at her.

"Be strong," he yelled back. She nodded.

"Oh dear," 3PO said. "His High Exaltedness, the great Jabba the Hutt, has decreed that you are to be terminated immediately."

"Good. I hate long waits," Han yelled. Nikki smiled in spite of herself. 3PO was still solemn.

"You will therefore be taken to the Dune Sea and cast into the Pit of Carkoon, the nesting place of the all powerful Sarlacc. In his belly, you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly digested over a thousand years."

"On second thought, let's pass on that, huh," Han asked. Luke was calm by his side.

"You should have bargained, Jabba. This will be the last mistake you'll ever make." Jabba just laughed and sent them on to the pit. After much screaming, kicking, and dragging, he managed to get Leia and Nikki on his ship and out to the pit to watch the execution. He stared at both of them.

"Soon you will learn to appreciate me," he said coldly.

"Never," Nikki growled. Jabba growled back and turned to watch the execution. 3PO turned to the front.

"Victims of the almighty Sarlacc: His Excellency hopes that you will die honorably. But should any of you wish to beg for mercy, the great Jabba the Hutt will now listen to your pleas."

"3PO, tell that slimy piece of worm ridden filth that he'll get no such pleasure from us," Han yelled. "Right?"

"Jabba," Luke shouted. "This is your last chance. Free us or die."

"Move him into position," Jabba ordered.

"No," Nikki screamed. Luke jumped off the plank, caught it, and catapulted himself up. Leia and Nikki each grabbed their chain, wrapped it around Jabba's neck, and pulled, strangling him. R2 then blasted them free.

"Let's go," Nikki yelled. Leia shot at Jabba's guards, who were fighting Luke. Luke swung up onto the ship. He grabbed Leia, dropped her on a skiff with Han, and went back for Nikki. She kissed his lips.

"I knew you'd save me," she whispered.

"Of course. You didn't think I'd share you with Jabba, did you?" Nikki giggled and wrapped her arms around Luke. He swung off the ship and onto the skiff with her, and they were off.

***

"I have to fight my father, Nikki. I'll see you when I come back." Nikki stared at Luke, tears in her eyes.

"You just got back," she whispered. "Come back to bed, just for a little while. You can leave in the morning. Please just stay with me for a little longer." Luke hugged Nikki and kissed her forehead.

"It has to be now, Nikki. I'm sorry." Nikki tugged her blanket tightly around herself.

"I guess I'll see you then," she said. Luke smiled.

"I promise I'll come back."

"You'd better."

***

Nikki ran through the village, straight into Luke's arms. He picked her up and spun her around. "You're safe," she cried. "You're safe."

"Of course I am. I promised I'd come back, didn't I." Nikki nodded against Luke's chest. They turned toward the trees. Three force ghosts appeared. Anakin, Obi Wan, and Yoda. Luke smiled at Nikki. "Did I ever tell you about my parents?" Nikki shook her head. Luke slid his arm around her shoulders.

"Well, my father is Darth Vader..."