Chapter 7

References: 0

•••••

It's been a few days since I saw BEN. It's almost as if he were never here. Even my Majoras Mask game is suspiciously working again. And now that I think of it, I should have realized sooner that it was BEN messing with it, but hey, I was in denial.

My moms been working a lot lately. I can understand though, because she's got to pay for this house somehow. But it does make me kind of sad that I hardly see her. Sometimes she doesn't even come home and spends the night at a hotel in town instead. I can't be mad though. She's trying her best to build a decent life for me.

It's been kind of boring around the house. I'm starting to run out of things to do. Ive started homeschooling but I'm starting to get too far ahead. I'm a senior in high school, and I don't know what I want to do with my life yet, so finishing my last year is kind of not something I want to do yet.

Suddenly my phone begins to ring. RING RING RING I cringe as the sound gets louder and quickly pick up the phone.

"Hello?" I say into the phone. "Hi sweetie, it's mom. I have news!" She cheered joyfully. "Did you get some vacation time?" I asked hopefully.  "Well in a way, yes. I got a promotion! And as part of the promotion they're sending me on a business trip to Japan." She explained. "Oh... that's great mom! I've always wanted to go to Japan. I get to go too right?" I asked. She paused for a moment.

"I'm sorry, sweetie, you can't go on this one. But on the bright side, I can figure out where all the good spots are and then when I get some vacation time we can go." She assured me. "Okay..." I said disappointed. "How long is the trip?" I said, afraid of the answer. This time, she paused for a very long time. I had to check to see if she was even still there. She was. "Two months." She finally said.

Two. Months. She was going to be gone for two months. What kind of business trip makes you leave for two months?! She explained it was a sort of combined trip. Instead of making several small trips in the year, they decided to do one big trip. It seemed like a stupid idea to me.

After some light conversation and an explanation of how I was supposed to buy groceries and such, we hung up. And just as we hung up a fucking hand came out of my phone.

"NOPE! NOT TODAY SATAN!" I exclaimed as I threw my phone across the room. A loud thump echoed in the room as I stood cautiously, waiting for something to happen.
"What the fuck was that for?!" An annoyed voice came from the phone.

"Oh shit, sorry. BEN, is that you?" I asked. "WHO ELSE WOULD IT BE?! HOW MANY PEOPLE DO YOU KNOW THAT CAN COME OUT OF PHONES?!" He asked angrily. "Wait nope don't answer that. I don't wanna hear it."
He said, rubbing his head as he climbed out of the phone.

"So what are you here for?" I asked, subtly taking a step back from him. "Well," he smirked "I couldn't help but to overhear that you're going to be alone for a while. And I just couldn't imagine you being left here allllll alone for two whole months with nobody to protect you." He chuckled darkly.

"The only thing I need protecting from is you. Don't think I forgot about that kiss from a few days ago. Who knows what you'll do when I'm alone for two months." I said stepping further away from him.

"Trust me there are far worse people than me who would jump at the chance to torture and kill you while you're alone for that long. I'm actually doing you a favor by temporarily moving in." He explained casually.

"I'm sorry. Moving in? Uh uh no way. You are NOT moving in. Nope nope." I said, glaring at him. "Well you better accept it, roommate, because I'm gonna be here for a while." He smiled widely.

Fuck. My. Life.

•••••
713 words