Chapter 38

References: 0

Guys it's time I come clean.... I have secretly stalked a lot of your accounts 😂 Mostly those of you who comment on the book or have followed me. Also why do I have so much in common with so many of you?! 😂😂😂 Anyway on with the story!

•••••

I have decided that it's finally time to go and deactivate the guns. Tomorrow will be the war so if I deactivate everything now, hopefully they won't realize it in time to fix it.

I already asked BEN if he would help me with the cameras and he agreed. After telling him my plan he told me he could also deal with the motion sensors too. I don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place but I'm glad he mentioned something.

I put on a (F/C) hoodie and a pair of jeans before leaving my room. Then I grabbed a backpack and made my way to the organization building. Once I was close, I shapeshifted into a lizard and crawled through the mail slot. After that I crawled into the bathrooms, shapeshifted back into myself, and called BEN. "Okay, I'm in. Do you have everything turned off yet?" I asked, keeping my voice low in case anyone was still here.

"Yeah, you're good. I turned off everything in the building." He replied. "Did you see if there was anyone else here?" I questioned him. "Nope. The building is clear. You're free to roam around. I'll let you know if anyone shows up though." He told me.

With that I ended the call and exited the bathroom. I walked quietly towards the lab and opened the door. It was very dark, but luckily I had grabbed a flashlight before leaving my house. I turned it on and evaluated the room.

Everything seemed to be the same as the last time I was here except for a few small things that had been moved around. I couldn't get distracted by small details though, so I quickly got to work.

One by one, I grabbed guns and popped them open. I destroyed anything that had to do with the second mode, but left everything else in tact. I took all the wires I had messed up and slid them into my bag. If I left them here, there was a chance Rick and Morty would be able to fix them and put them back into the guns. After that, I put the covers back on the guns and erased any evidence that I had been here.

I took a deep breath before I looked around the lab again. The guns were deactivated. I didn't need to worry about them killing my friends anymore. Sure the guns could still shoot normal bullets, but normal bullets can't kill them. I smiled at my work.

After I left the building, BEN turned all the cameras and such back on, making it appear as if nothing had happened. I told him I'd meet him back at the house. I needed to destroy these wires. For some reason, I just wouldn't feel like my job was accomplished until I did.

I walked into the forest and found a decent spot to do what I needed to do. I was going to build a fire and burn everything to ash. I started collecting sticks and everything else I would need for a fire before I set it all down on the forest floor. I took out a match box and dramatically struck the match and tossed it at the pile of sticks. I smiled as it began to burn.

Then I took the wires out of my bag and tossed them into the fire. Technically it wasn't just wires I was burning but close enough. I wasn't sure how long this would take, so I climbed up a nearby tree and made myself comfortable.

The sky was dark and there were no clouds at all, meaning I could see the stars perfectly. The smoke from the fire escaped from the tops of the trees and dissipated into the night. If I could stay in this moment right now, I probably would. But I couldn't and I knew that, so I slipped out of the tree and walked through the forest, collecting more fire wood.