eleven

AMARA

"Harry!" I hollered as Harry rushed down the stairs, not even looking at me as he walked out of the door before me. I raised my brows as I closed and locked the door, jogging to catch up with him. "What's your problem?"

"I don't have one," his eyes drifted to my lips for a couple seconds, making me swallow loudly. I cleared my throat as I noticed his fist clenched tightly by his side.

"What happened Friday night?" I brought up the conversation we were bound to have, my confidence slowly diminishing after I allowed myself to speak.

"What? Nothing happened, you just drunk too much," Harry sighed deeply, pushing his hand through his hair as we walked into the class.

"Oh."

We sat in our normal seats, Harry slouching in his immediately. He finally agreed to do something during my lectures so he wouldn't get too bored. He'd usually bring a journal or book and draw in it the whole time, but he hadn't today.

"Where's your book?" I looked at him in the corner of my eye while grabbing out my laptop. His slouching position deepened after I asked the question, making me wonder what he drew in his books.

"I forgot it," he shrugged, pinching his bottom lip with his pointer finger and thumb. "You kind of rushed me."

"You can go grab it, I'm sure I'll still be here when you come back," I watched his face as he thought about it for a few seconds, before nodding in disagreement.

"No."

"Why not? You think someone will seriously think about hurting me in a lecture in front of all these people?" I typed the notes on the wide board as I spoke, my head moving from the board, to my laptop, back to Harry continuously.

"No, Amara," Harry shook his head, but by his fiddling fingers I knew he wanted to. He fiddled when he was usually itching to do something. He usually did it when my OCD was bad and clearly annoying him, but didn't want to interrupt.

"Harry," I warned, my voice going stern. I stopped my typing as I turned my body to his, making him sigh and stand from his seat.

"Fine," he threw his hands up in a defensive motion, backing out of the row with his eyes still stuck on mine. I smiled widely once he moved out eagerly, practically running.

"Just you and I?" A voice to my right made me jump, my head turning viciously to look at the boy standing above me. He wasn't here before, if Harry had seen him he wouldn't have left.

"Oh, hi Finn," I tried to say as happily as possible, but sounding fairly grim. I must've convinced him I wasn't annoyed by what happened Friday, because he sat down gladly right after.

"Look, I wanted to apologise for Friday night," Finn leaned over his chair to rest his elbow on the side of mine, his face close to mine.

"I-it's fine," I stuttered as I grew nervous, he had a habit of making me unbelievably uncomfortable. I'm not completely sure why, I mean, I found his flirty and aggressive moves wrenching, but there was something about him.

"You always look just so inviting," Finn bit his lip as he stared at me, my leg bouncing up and down as I yearned for Harry to come back and tell him to fuck off. "You were so into it. Next time I won't let you run off."