epilogue

AMARA

"Where the hell is my ring?" I frantically threw clothes out of our dresser, my hands pulling out the pockets of all my pairs of pants in search of the diamond ring. I gasped when I turned around, a small object glistening between Marie's tiny fingers. I ran towards the bed where she sat, gently grabbing the diamond ring from her fingers

"Thanks, Marie," I pulled the ring on my finger, picking her up off the bed. She was fairly heavy for a two year old. I rested her on my hip as I rushed into the kitchen.

"Where's daddy?" Aspen slowly jumped down the stairs, her pink fluffy blanket cuddled into her arms. I smiled at her messy brown curls, her tossing and turning through the night showing.

"He's at work, baby. He'll be home soon," I ruffled her hair as she stood next to me, her hand clinging onto the leg of my pants as I walked around the kitchen.

"Mummy! I made Bear pretty!" Oli sprinted
into the kitchen, the small golden Labrador puppy running in behind him. My eyes widened at the pup, pink nail polish painted on his nails, along with purple marker drawn as eyebrows.

"Oli, you can't draw on him," I whined as I made up their snacks with one hand, the other holding Marie to my hip. I managed to rub the purple marker off with a damp rag, only faint lines of purple visible now. My stomach dropped when I heard Aspen's familiar giggle from the dining room, recognising exactly what it meant.

Unfortunately, Aspen was a little shit.

Growing up with Louis taught her many things, one including being a mischief. Harry and I dreaded hearing her signature giggle, which meant she'd done something she was not meant to be doing.

I placed Marie in her high chair, laying down some cut up strawberries on her tray, before rushing into the dining room.

"Aspen," I whined as I walked up to her small frame, the 5kg bag of dog biscuits now decorating the entire dining room floor.

"Should I leave this for dad to come home to?" I switched to my stern voice, kneeling down to her height as her smile wiped off her face. Her head shook frantically at my suggestion, making me laugh. "I think I should."

"I don't think you should, mummy," Aspen shook her head, playing with her fingers. I placed my arms under hers, lifting her up onto my hip. I let her down on the couch next to Oli as their cartoons played on the tv, grabbing the broom from the pantry. I cleaned up the mess Aspen had made, grinning happily when the front door opened.

"Daddy!" Oli and Aspen's voices screeched, their small footsteps echoing through the hall as they ran to the front door. I picked Marie up from her high chair, turning around to see Harry walking in the kitchen with a twin in each arm.

"My beautiful wife," Harry hollered, tackling me in a hug after putting the twins down. I heard the twins yell in disgust when Harry leaned down, pressing his lips to mine briefly.

"How was work?" I kissed his cheek, smiling as he lowered his face to press a kiss to Marie's forehead.

"It was good, Louis was right behind me so he should be here soon," Harry nodded, taking Marie from my arms. I began preparing the food as Harry talked with the twins, and tried talking to Marie but only got muffled sentences in return. Louis, Olivia, Elijah, my dad and some other friends we'd made over the years were coming over for dinner in celebration of Harry and I's 4 year anniversary.

Harry had proposed to me the day after the twins turned 1, and we ended up getting married 3 months later. It was indescribable how far my life had come since 5 years ago. Harry and I had a beautiful family of five, soon to be six.

"Uncle Louis!" Oli yelled in delight as Louis entered the kitchen, a carton of beer tucked under his arm as he yelled excitedly towards the twins who jumped around him.

"You look spectacular," Louis complimented me as he hugged me, pressing a kiss to my cheek before pulling away. All the boys of the family couldn't deny the fact that they loved pregnant belly's. I wasn't sure why, but they all did. I only ever got compliments from them when I was pregnant.

I rubbed my swollen stomach as I waited for everyone to arrive, following the boys and kids outside. Louis and Harry started a game of football as soon as we got out there, Harry demanding for Oli on his team. Louis let him when Aspen pouted, his palm ruffling her hair playfully.

Aspen was pretty much a mirror image of Harry, inside and out. She had his vibrant green eyes, slightly lighter than my dark ones, and deep pink lips to match. Her brown curls matched the face, and her cheeky, yet serious, attitude did as well. Oli was more like me, having straight, dark blonde hair and dark green eyes. His personality matched both mine and Harry's, and Marie was the same, except she had Harry's hair as well.

I talked with Olivia and Elijah when they arrived, bouncing Marie on my thigh. We all looked up when Harry yelled excitedly, high fiving Oli who ran around with his shirt off, swinging it in circles above his head. We all chuckled at the pair, Harry throwing him in the air while Louis and Aspen glared at them.

We all ate dinner when everyone finally arrived, Harry, Louis and the twins continuing their football match once they were done. Harley, Elijah and Olivia's 4 year old, and Isle, one of Harry's work mates 5 year old, both joined the game.

My eyes fell on Harry as he kicked the ball into the goal, his lips pouting as he shouted in excitement. I couldn't help the smile when he locked eyes with me, blowing a kiss in my direction. I lifted my hand in the air, pretending to catch the kiss and tuck it into my pocket for safe keeping, the smile I'd come to adore covering his face after.