CHAPTER THREE

The students got off the Hogwarts Express one by one as the train came to stop

The students got off the Hogwarts Express one by one as the train came to stop. The moment her feet touched the ground, Maykha immediately noticed a tall, bearded man standing not so far away from her. It didn't take her long to figure out who the man was.

"Hagrid!" She and Harry shouted together, causing them to look at each other and giggled. They ran towards the half-giant with Ron following them.

"Hullo Maykha, Harry. Now, firs' years! Over 'ere, firs' years!" He shouted attracting the attentions of the first years, some hesitant to approach the gentle giant, "We will be going ter 'ogwarts by those boats. Four students per boat, an' no pushin'!"

Harry, Ron and Maykha proceeded to one of the boats. Before getting on their boat, Maykha saw a boy still standing in front of the boats but not getting on. She approached him and tapped his shoulder.

"Hi, are you alright? Why aren't you getting on the boat?" Maykha asked.

The boy looked surprised by the sudden approach of the girl and he didn't know what to do. Just when he opened his mouth to answer her, the girl's friend suddenly called her.

"Hey Maykha, what are you doing? Come on!"

The girl turned to her friend, "Hey guys, are we already complete in the boat?" she asked with a loud voice.

"Nope. We still need one more," Ron answered.

"Perfect!"

Clasping her hands together with the boy's, she dragged him towards the boat where Harry and Ron were already sitting.

"Hey I'm Maykha, by the way. Maykha Iglehart, and you are?" She introduced herself as they sat next to each other.

He rubbed his palms on his pants as they were getting sweaty before accepting Maykha's hand, "N-Neville... Neville Longbottom."

Just then the two boys in front of them turned around to face them.

The red-head boy smiled at him, "Hey mate, I'm Ron Weasley and this boy right here is Harry Potter."

Neville's eyes grew wide by the mention of Harry Potter's name, "You mean the Harry Potter?" He asked in disbelief.

Maykha snorted, "Yeah, the Harry Potter. Harry, you should hold a fan signing event soon."

"C'mon guys, let's not make me a big deal," Harry said as he and Ron turned their backs and faced front again.

Maykha talked on and on, keeping her boatmates entertained, until her interest turned to the Black Lake, "Hey guys, what do you think is in this lake? Do you think there are mermaids swimming beneath us right now?" She asked as she let down her left hand and allowed it to feel the water.