CHAPTER FIVE

Maykha was eating inside the Great Hall with Harry, Ron, and Neville, when the owls came flying carrying the mails for the students, when an owl dropped a package directly on Maykha's food, scattering them all over the table and even some on her uniform.

"Whose owl was that?" She asked, smiling, but not really looking happy at all.

Neville nervously raised his hands, "M-mine."

She looked up to glare at the innocent looking owl that just hooted at her, "Don't you ever show me your owl again, Neville. I might turn him into a roasted owl and you will never see him again."

"I-I'm really sorry Maykha. That wasn't my owl, I swear. It's my Gran's owl. I might never come home if you cook him," Neville said, wiping the food off her robes.

"Fine. But, a roasted owl sounds just fine, don't you guys think?" she turned to ask Harry and Ron, only to receive blank looks from them.

...

Happily skipping her way to the training grounds for their first ever flying lesson. She could not believe that the day where her feet would finally be separated from the ground had come, and she was ready for it. Though she found it a bit disappointing that flying magic carpets were not actually a thing here, perhaps a flying broom would be just as fine.

Looking at her friends on her back, it looked like she was the only one happy and excited about flying.

"Hey, why are you guys looking like you're on your way to be executed or something?"

"Well...we're flying," Harry said, looking like he was about to throw up his breakfast from that morning.

"I thought we're swimming," Maykha said sarcastically, "So, what about it?"

"Flying, Maykha!" Harry repeated.

"And what about it, Harry?!"

"My feet have been with the grounds for eleven years, and I'd very much like to have it that way."

"Had anyone already told you that you're so dramatic? Oh right, I did!"

Harry crossed his arms, "Where are you getting at with that?"

"I'm saying that you'll be fine! Relax, right guys?" Maykha said, resting her arms on Harry's shoulder as she looked over to her other friends.

"I don't know, Maykha, I'm with Harry on this one," Neville said nervously.

Sighing, Maykha released Harry and went over to Neville to hold his hands and squeeze it tightly, "You'll be fine, Neville, and you too Harry. I'll make sure that no one will laugh at you if you two fell."

"And how are you going to do that?" Ron asked.

Grinning, Maykha looked at Ron, "I have my ways, Ronald."

"Ron," Harry interrupted when Ron was about to say something again, "Don't ask. Just don't ask."

"Ready to make a fool out of yourself, Potter?"

Maykha heard a voice from behind, yet she did not even have to turn around to know who it was. Taking a deep breath, Maykha had to calm her nerves first before she turned around and face Malfoy and his guard dogs.