CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

There was no way Neville could not do anything in his powers to do something for his friend's anxiety. He could not simply sit and do nothing, while others were busy trying to find a way to keep themselves safe.

If what Professor McGonagall said was true about the terror that loomed inside the chamber targeting only the muggle borns, then he wanted to assume and hope that he was not its main prey. The idea did nothing to lessen his fear, but it gave him enough courage to do something.

As they were dismissed by Professor Flitwick, Neville decided to stay behind to ask their professor about something he had in minds.

"Mr. Longbottom," the small professor called, "Do you have any questions about out topic today?"

"N-no, professor," Neville nervously answered, "I'd like to ask you about something else."

"And what would that be, I wonder?"

"B-by any c-chance, would you mind teaching me a spell or two?"

...

Maykha and the other Gryffindors were in the Hospital wing, paying Harry a visit after winning another Quidditch match only for a rogue Bludger to injure his arm. Instead of bringing Harry straight to the Hospital Wing, Lockhart did his thing with magic again, as he tried to easy Harry's pain—which he did by banishing all bones from the boy's arm.

Maykha was so ready to hex their professor that moment, only to be held by Ron and Hermione.

However, Harry was not the only one who was brought to the Hospital Wing. Malfoy was also in there after he got injured in the match, the difference is that compared to Harry, almost no one payed him a mind aside from his loyal dogs, Crabbe and Goyle and a few other Slytherins. Even Madam Pomfrey did not put him in her priority as she was full with Potter in her hands.

From the crowd of Gryffindors, Maykha sneaked away towards Malfoy's bed and looked at him with an unpleasant look. The boy did the same.

"What now, Iglehart? I've got no time for you because as you can see, I'm injured," the boy said.

Maykha rolled her eyes before speaking, "I can see that very well, thank you."

She crossed her arm. What was she doing in there anyway?

"What do you want, Mudb–"

Maykha raised her fist and glared at Malfoy, "Say that one more time and I'll make sure you'll never be going out of this Hospital Wing."

She figured that it was easy to taunt the boy and she was enjoying it as he looked at her with horror. The boy gulped hard, "What do you want?"

Maykha rummaged her pocket for something she always carried around, a chocolate. She gave two for Malfoy and one for Crabbe and Goyle.

They looked at their palms and back to Maykha, looking confused with the girl's antics.

"Oh that's a chocolate, if you guys don't know."

Malfoy shot her a glare, "We know what this is, you moron! But what are these for? These aren't poisoned, are they?"

Maykha shrug, "Who knows? Maybe they are."

She turned her back from them but before walking back to where her friend was confined, she looked at Malfoy one last time and smile, "Eat it and you'll feel better. Get well soon."

Draco held a doubt in the chocolates he had in his hand but when Crabbe ate his and nothing seemed to happened, he hurriedly unwrapped one and let it melt inside his mouth. To his surprise, he kind of started to feel better.

The chocolate was indeed poisoned, but it had nlt targeted his lungs nor his heart nor his life, he believed it had him turn into a lunatic, targetting the corners of his lips that curled up into a smile.

He had to admit, he kind of liked that poison.