Chapter 13

-Congratulations Mrs.Demiran. Your company is officially part of the brand DEMARCO. From now, you are exclusively our partner and cosmetics supplier. We will start the campaign this week.

Nelly and Mrs.Demarco have closed the deal. A photo for memory.

Nelly was now more confident. Her steps were so certain, she was looking forward. Today she was a different Nelly. A business woman. CEO Demiran. A knee lenght office blue skirt, white long sleeves t-shirt  unbuttoned in the top, her hair in a ponytale and a small clutch. Oh, and high heels, of course. She just loved her navy blue sandals, so chique.

-Let' s celebrate Nelly. Spain is bringing you the best moments in life so far. Your business life is glowing. And your private life? A huge mess. How did I end up looking for my past? Was my marriage a reason for that? No, Noel was just a salt on a wound. A way to escape from many severe traditions, gossip, Romani Cris laws, obeying rules that were not her way of life. She was a Romani girl, born in a family that was in a middle- between  severe Romani way of life and modern democratic opinion. Her mother was a very traditional woman. Ad least Nelly understood this when she got married. Opposite to her was her father. He was living the life of GAJE(Romani word for non-Roma people). He had a great job, many gaje friends. He gave Nelly dreams, that she can be in life whatever she'd like to be. Because of him Nelly was reading many books, she become best student in the class, she enrolled best college. And her mother was giving her a hard time. You should be a good housewife, you have to learn to cook our traditional meals, you have to learn to knit and crochet, embossing, to learn to make jams, jellies...Your husband will come from work hungry and tired. You have to wash his legs , to make him a coffee and your house must be very tidy. No coffees with your neighbours, only conversation with your husbands relatives. Oh, God! My mother was so into Roma people's old rules. She wasn't aware that the world has changed. Girls were allowed to go to school, to find jobs, to be independant. I didn't mind the tradition, a girl should know all those things, but she should look after the things that gaje's girls are doing too. Parties, social life, a career... Not only to be a housewife, to have children and to look after husband! So, Nelly was in between her mother and father. And she just had to choose. One day, she met Noel. He was an archaeologist that came to her city to see some artifacts. She was young,just about to have her bachelor degree. Noel was so handsome and older than her. He wasn't like all other young boys that she knew. She thought she's in love. Maybe she was. But Noel was more like Romani than she was. That episode is over. Ad least it will be over soon.