Chapter 23

The circus was very big. Nelly was very excited. Her dreams are becoming true. While she was reading the book about the Mariana Circo, she was imagining the main characters of the book. Her heart was aching to be the girl with the lions. So strong, fearless, stubborn, a leader...Maybe she could become like here. Yuri from the book was just like Jonas. She had Jonas, although she was feeling that he has an untold story that could take him away from her. She felt a wall around him. However, she has decided to enjoy time with Jonas as much as they can. Go with the flow Nelly!

-Hey, did you see that clown. So funny! The kids just love him!

- I am waiting the lion dressers. And maybe some acrobats. Is this a Romani circus?

-I do not know. The owner is from Milan. The circus members are from many different countries.

-When I was little a Circo was in our town. I was 10. My whole class was there. They are Gipsies, they were saying.You know I always hated the word Gipsy because it was told by Gaje in pejorative meaning. I was the white Gipsy. Everyone thought that I was adopted.They were saying that my Gipsy family has found me or they kidnapped me. Even the grown-ups were telling this to their children. That's why I did not have many friends in Primary school. Despite I was the best student in the generation they were running from me.I did not have the same clothes like them.My mom was knitting and sewing me clothes.Sometimes my father was buying me new clothes, but they were no brand.They were just normal clothes from the local shopping mall. The other kids were wearing Levi's jeans, Brunotti t-shirts, original Puma or Adidas hikes and sport shoes, and I was wearing a look-a-like same things. You know why? Because I didn't care about brands, I had more important things to like and enjoy than clothes and shoes. I was writing poems.I was dreaming that one day i can right lyrics for songs and that I will become a famous singer. Unfortunately, my parents did not see my dreams.

-What did you study?

-I wanted to go to a Music Academy. But, literature was my only solution. Otherwise, my folks would have never give me a chance to go to Sofia. Maybe if i stayed in my city, nothing bad would have happen.

-No, Nelly! Don't you believe in yaziya(destiny)? Everything in life happens for a reason!

-True. I believe in destiny. Are you my destiny, Jonas?

-Time will tell, my dear.

***

-Now is time for local dances! I enjoyed the circus very much. Did you know that all my imaginations about the circus were so opposite from the performance we just saw?

-What did you like better?

-I cannot compare. Both were breathtaking!

-Something to drink. There is a punch and wine Rose.

In wine is the truth, she thought. Maybe is time to make Jonas drunk. It will be easier to him to open his soul. Ha, ha. I am naughty! But, my ethics cannot allow that!

-Whatever. You choose.

She started to dance. All the locals were dressed in traditional clothes. They were so cute. I should follow the rhythm.

-May I have this dance? I am champion in folk dances!

-Another talent? Oh, you are enchanting me!

Jonas and Nelly danced for hours. The had a conversation with the peasants. It was a night to remember.