Chapter 48

-This dress and this ring is from aunt Metiya and her family. Nek ovel sasti pe familiasa!(Romani. Long live together with her family)- said aunt Ramayana which was appointed as speaker in ceremony.

Ramayana was thrilled with her role. She was announcing all the presents from the groom's family specially bought for the bride.

Now it was time for songs and dances. The girls were dancing around the bride. Aunt Ramayana took the bowl with henna. She took a small amount of henna and spread it to Nelly's opened palm and then she covered it with a coin and put red thin silky glove on her hand. She did the same with the right hand. She put a bit of henna on Nelly's hair too. The henna ritual was about to end.

***

The big wedding event was a special occasion in the village. The whole village was invited. Nelly and Jonas have agreed to have a modern wedding. Jonas said yes to old traditions before the wedding day, but he wanted their wedding to be a combination of Spanish Romani tribe's weddings and a modern sophisticated weddings. That's why they decided the big wedding to be in uncle Anil's ranch. They will marry in the ranch and the local reverent will wed them.

Nelly's dress was made by Dalila Reyes, a new Spanish designer that was awarded as best seller in the previous year. Nelly wanted to have the same dress as her mother on the photo. It was a tough assignment for Dalila, but she made it to be a great success. And, yes-Jonas's suit was look-a-like uncle Anil's on the photo. Dano was so handsome in aquamarine suit and red bow tie.  He was carrying the white heart shaped silk pillow in which there were the rings for the bride and the groom. Beside him it was the cutest girl in the ranch- Dolores's daughter Merlina. Curly blonde hair, olive green eyes and the cutest smile in the world. She was dressed in white bridal dress and in her hands she had a basket with small gauze packages full with traditional  candies. And the girls- the bridesmaids they were so in pink. Jonas's three cousins Dorothea, Selina and Fernanda were real stars. Lela and Soraya were shining! The most nervous person in the ranch at that glorious moment was Marem. He was supposed to give his sister's hand to Jonas. It's like in the movies, he was thinking.  Nelly deserves to be happy after all that happened in her life.