1

"Wow! That ring is beautiful!"

"Yea, he did good girl! Looks like he spent a small fortune on it! When is the wedding?"

Liz, Macy and I sat in our living room and admired the new rock placed on the left hand. Liz's left hand. She had met Andrew at a bar of all places and found herself a good guy who also had a good job judging by the size of the ring he'd proposed to her with previously today. They had been dating for 8 months, personally I thought it was sudden to be engaged so soon but whatever float her boat, right?

"I'm not sure. I was thinking this summer and something small, with you girl in it of course!" Liz beemed.

I took a big gulp of the wine in my glass, cooling my mouth and my head. I wasn't going to voice my concerns because I wanted her to be happy. I just worried she was rushing things a bit. "Well if course. How could I not be in my best friend's wedding. Someone will have to keep you calm." She laughed at my remark.

Macy had changed her entire major in college, much to her parents dismay and became a designer. She just opened up her first boutique in the city and talked them into helping her buy a building, the boutique was downstairs with a studio apartment upstairs.

Liz majored in teaching and taught third grade but by the looks of it she would be a housewife soon. Andrew worked at a large bank and was old school. He preferred her stay at home. In my opinion, cleaning house and taking care of four kids would be harder than being a teacher, but I kept my mouth closed. I knew Liz, she'd tire of it and want human interaction and wouldn't stay at home for long.

"So, why the sudden engagement and wedding?" I blurted out. I wasn't meaning it in a bad way, I truly was curious. I knew Liz didn't care about marriage soon so I knew she wasn't pushing for him to buy her a ring.

"Well...Andrew and I have been close these last few months. One day we randomly went driving around, ended up in a neighborhood and found a house we liked. I made a comment how that would be a dream home for a family and kids. He must've taken it like I wanted it and well, here's the ring and the house."

My eyes opened wide. "He bought a house too?!"

Macy had moved her things out a month earlier and Liz and I had the apartment to ourselves. Macy laughed and threw her head back while taking a large drink of her wine. "Shit girl! He takes everything so seriously doesn't he?"

Liz nervously played with her ring and looked up. "Yeah apparently. I mean I loved it but I wasn't expecting him to do it so soon you know? I love my job and I think he'll be want me to quit so I can decorate, etc."

Called it. I knew she it wasn't pushing this on him. Andrew was seven years older than her so I guess he figured his time was ticking. "I'm really happy for you Liz. And if you want to work then work. Do what makes you happy. Why do you think I switched jobs?"

I was a pediatric nurse for three years and I loved it. What I did not love was when the babies got so sick that they didn't make it or when when parents were so bad they never even came around to visit. When the babies who did get better got to be discharged, it physically took a toll on me to have to discharge them home to those said shitty parents. I would adopt every one of those babies if I could've.

"I'm so glad you took that new job too! Your moods and life have seemed to change for the better!" Liz was right. I had a bad habit of carrying work home with me and it wasn't good. So when the job opportunity of becoming a pharmaceutical sales rep presented itself to me, I applied and got the job and took it. I've been there for six months now and loved it. I got to travel to different hospitals and companies, selling new drugs and explaining how they are cost effective and affordable for the patients.