9

"Ok. Get your ass out of this funk. We are going on a girls trip!" Liz had a spare key to my house, and I started to regret that now

I was lying in bed and it was Saturday morning. Harry had called once and texted saying he didn't know when he'd be back but he'd let me know. I had let Liz know what had been going on and apparently she needed time away from her fiancé.

"Girls trip? Aren't you supposed to be decorating your house?" I turned over in bed while she jumped in, laying beside me.

"I need a break. I called Macy and Callie. They're in too. I booked us a room on the beach. Call in to work on Monday because we won't be back until that evening. I think it will do us all some good to get away."

I slowly got up and put myself together in the bathroom. When I came out, Liz had my suitcase out packing clothes. "I can pack Liz. Just tell me what I need to bring."

"Damn girl you have to share some of your clothes with me. But anyways, a few bikinis, some sundresses and clothes to go bar hopping in. This is going to be so much fun!!"

It looked like she'd already packed half of what I would need. I laughed with her, finishing my packing and rode with her to pick up the other girls.

****

The little beach house Liz found had been perfect. It had four bedrooms and bathrooms and was right on the beach. It was only a couple of hours drive away and was exactly what I needed. We all lounged on the beach and drank while we soaked up the sun.

"Those guys are totally trying to show off." Callie had her head turned looking at a group of built guys throwing football to each other.

"Nah. They're just playing football. I don't think they know they're hot." Liz had her head turned that way, making Macy and I look as well.

I laughed, feeling the buzz from the alcohol we'd been drinking. "Liz, would Andrew throw football on the beach like that?"  I knew she was drunk and would say what she was thinking.

"Ha! Good one Sailor. Hell no. He'd be under the umbrella working on his stupid computer."

We all laughed and Macy chimed in. "I don't think any of our guys would play football on the beach like them."

Callie kept her eyes on the group. "I'd be lucky if Dean even made the time to even come to the beach. He'd pay for the trip but would work from the house I'm sure."

I was quiet while the girls watched the group of guys. I'd told Harry I was going out of town on a trip with the girls. He was fine and said he was coming back and to have fun. The group of football players was hot but didn't do anything for me. "I wonder if they know we are staring at them."

"They haven't noticed us if they do. They're probably gay." Callie nodded towards them making us all laugh.

We got up soon after to go have dinner then drinks. I'd put on a short cocktail dress to wear to both and after dinner we headed to a popular club upon Liz begging. I wondered if something had happened between her and Andrew but knew to ask about it later.

****
Turns out, the football playing guys were not gay. They had been at the same club as us, buying us all drinks and shots. Macy was apparently taking a break from her guy and flirting with one all night. Liz, Callie and I had been drinking and dancing with each other. We'd pass on the invitations of dancing with the other guys and took a break at our table.

"So what is going on with you and Andrew. I know something is up so spill."

Callie had gotten up to answer a call from Dean so I knew now was the time to ask.