15

Harry asked me out to lunch during work and I was shocked. Usually he was so busy or I was that I didn't even think about lunch half the time. We met near my office at a Mexican restaurant and I wanted a margarita so bad. Luke had been texting me even though I'd told him we needed to be just friends. It stressed me out. Plus I kept getting weird phone calls and it made me paranoid.

After we ordered I devoured the chips and salsa. Harry looked at me and smiled. "What's so funny? I'm hungry. Work has been hectic."

"Not a fucking thing. Just glad to see you. I hope to get some things tied up so I don't have to travel so much. It wears me the fuck out. With me selling the house and-"

"Selling the house?"

"Yeah I sold my house you went to with the pool you liked. I never stayed there and got an offer and made quite a bit off of it so I'm having my shit moved to storage as we speak."

"Where are you going to live? The condo?"

He was on his phone texting when I noticed a familiar guy walk in. I heard one of the men say Jose and I bet it was who Luke went and seen that night. Jose stared at me but I turned my head back to Harry. Harry noticed everything and looked back then to me. "Why were you staring at him?"

"I think it's that guy Luke went to see that night you picked me up. Said his name was Jose or something."

Harry balled his hands into fists and took a deep breath. "So you're telling me Luke took you to Jose fucking Cantos building that night? Motherfucker." He ran his hand through his hair. "He is not a good dude Sailor. He deals in business. Illegal business and is not afraid to take his debt from someone anyway he can."

"I never met him Harry. I-"

"Well I hope he doesn't think you're affiliated with Luke because you will meet him. He's a bastard."

"I have been getting weird anonymous calls. They don't say anything when I answer. How do you know him?"

"Because I used to do illegal shit when I was younger. You did it with me. Jose was over that. I also know him because I am a businessman. I don't do the shit he does but he knows me and luckily he saw me with you. He knows I don't fuck around and won't mess with you if you're with me."

Our food arrived and interrupted our conversation. I was starved and the food smelled amazing. "I want you to give me the numbers that call you so I can find out who it is. Don't be around Luke. Did you end shit with him like I said?"

"Harry you're not my boss but yes I did. I'm still his friend. I hate it when you're so bossy."

He paid our bill and as we left he had his hand on my lower back affectionately and before we left he made a point to stop by Jose's table to say hello. When we got outside he removed his hand and ran it through his hair.

"Marking your territory? I thought you didn't like him?" I wrapped my hands around my waist.

He stepped closer giving me a one armed hug. "People have eyes everywhere if they are powerful enough. Jose will know you're with me and not to fuck with you. Call me when you get off work. I'll meet you at the condo."

"It's weird hearing you say that."

"Say what?"

"Remember you'd always said meet me in the hallway? It's weird hearing you say the condo now. Good times. Anyways, see you after work." I turned and headed towards my building.

*******

Harry had called and was picking me up. He was hosting some fund raising concert for charity. I changed into a long sleeve dress because it would end up being dark. Harry said he had backstage passes so hopefully we'd be out of the cold.