30

The area was dark but with perfect lighting by the lights the decorators had hung. Round black cloth covered tables with simple white and gold china and napkins placed perfectly with the table showing the bids for charity and each guest's name. The dance floor was empty but soon would be filled with people who would no doubt feels like dancing with the live band and take full advantage of the open bar.

I walked through making sure everything was perfect down to the T. I was early, early before any guest had arrived and approved of everything. I really did find the best party planner. My floor length gown had to be held when I walked and my fresh half updo hair and makeup matched on point. I couldn't help but feel like a princess even if it wasn't my party.

"How does everything look? The chef will have the food you ordered ready to be served to guests when they arrive." Geneva the planner had asked.

"Everything is perfect. Thank you so much! Mr.Styles and his guests will be very much impressed and no doubt will have a wonderful time." I smiled as everything came together exactly as I had described to her.

"Thank you for allowing me to help plan and decorate such an amazing event." Geneva shook my hand and made her way around the room checking on everything before the guests officially arrived.

I sat down at one of the circle tables as the ambiance of the light was tested and the live band that played classical to classical rock did their sound check. It felt nice to sit and admire the soon to be charity gala. It let out a long sigh of relief. I was proud that I had pulled it off. Apparently from Maddie, she always had problems arise before the event. Which is why I went with by gut instinct and chose a different event planner than she normally used and recommended.

I looked at my phone in my clutch and noticed it was almost time for the guests to arrive. I didn't plan on coming out, getting picture made for paparazzi. I planned to hang out on the sidelines and mingle when needed. I knew there was a table and seat with my name on it but I didn't plan on sitting there the entire time.

Once the guests started to come in and mingle, servers with trays of champagne and taking drink orders circled the area. I smiled and grabbed a flute, watching everyone come in dressed to impress. Liz was invited since her fiancé was out of town and when she walked in I was elated to let myself be a little stress free.

"Wow. This is amazing. You pulled it off great Sailor." She grabbed a flute and toasted it against mine. I made sure we were seated together with our table on the side to people watch.

"Thank you. I feel relief it came together so well. And everyone returned their invited so a lot of money has been made for charity." We watched as couples filed in one after the other.

"It should for five grand a seat. At least it does go to charity though." I didn't expect Liz to pay seeing as I am the one who invited her. However she had a rich fiancé and her plan to spend that money of his for him leaving her alone often was richer than him making it. "Could she be in a dress anymore tighter? So classy."

I knew immediately who Liz was talking about but my eyes wondered over in that direction anyways. The man of the event himself walked in, people flocking toward him to bid their hellos. Sarah was draped at his side, wearing a silver skintight low-cut dress that wasn't classy at all. It was low cut and showed off her fake cleavage. Such a shame the money that barely there dress costed. I would know, I'd seen the bill and paid for it. Add in the shoes, spa date and fake tan, it didn't do anything but make her look even more fake. But since Harry didn't bat a lash at the bill, I knew Sarah had her claws in. Just not as deep as she wanted, yet.

"She's making herself stand out. Can't have any attention stray from her Liz." I finished off my glass and handed it back to the waiter who walked by us. "Let's go mingle. We need to take our seats soon for dinner."

*******

After all the guests ate and Harry made his speech the live band turned the party finally felt alive. The guests were on the dance floor, letting their hair down and having a good time. Liz had pulled me in the dance floor but I needed a break. Unfortunately Harry and Sarah sat at the same table as us since I was his personal assistant. Sarah was all over him, always touching him when others came and talked with him. Since our table was now empty I got a bottle of water, deciding to go up on the second floor for a breather. No one was up here and I decided to step out on the open roof, marveling the city below. The fresh air was exactly what I needed after dancing with Liz.

I leaned over the balcony watching cars fight the traffic. I didn't hear the door open but could still here the faint music coming from the party. Someone came up beside be, draping their arms over the balcony looking down like I was. He didn't have to announce his presence. I knew it was him with that familiar pull I always had to him along with the smell of his cologne.

"Are you partied out?" He asked looking down and not at me.

I turned my face towards him and wondered if he secretly was. I also wondered when Sarah would come barging outside craving his attention.

"No. Just taking a breather. It feels nice."

He turned and smiled at me. "You look beautiful by the way. I didn't know if I'd had the chance to tell you yet or not."

He didn't have a chance because he had a woman all over him tonight except during his speech of thanks to all the donees. "Thank you."

"This event has been the best one I've yet to attend. You did very well. I'm thankful for you and proud of you. I know it could be hard making sure everything was taking care of and you did it successfully."

I turned and smiled at him. We stood in silence breathing in the fresh air and listening to the music from the party below us. "Was that supposed to be a part of your speech you made earlier but left out?" I teased.

I saw the small smirk on his lips as his eyes looked me up and down slowly. Suddenly he grabbed my waist and turned me. "What are you doing?" Looking up at him. He kept his hands on my waist and looked down on me, full blown smiling.

"Why dancing with you of course."

He started swaying us slowly with the slow dance song the band was playing. I hadn't been paying much attention to the music. I kept is stare, getting lost in those green eyes of his. He dipped me back and when I was pulled forward his face was much closer. I laughed at him dipping me. I leaned closer to his face on instinct, wanting to kiss him. He met me halfway and our lips brushed.

I could tell he was shocked. Hell, I was even shocked. But once my lips touched his,  I wanted more. I didn't pull away, even though I should've. He had a girlfriend for heavens sake. But my internal battle went out the window when I opened my eyes and saw him staring back, watching me. He didn't pull away.

I moved my hand on his neck, all fucks given thrown across the glass balcony and pushed into him harder. He met me again and grabbed my hips harder, pulling me into him. My mouth opened, allowing our tongues to meet. He pulled me as close as I could get, feeling just how much he was into this straining against his pants. I bit his lip earning me a groan from him.

We were in a kissing frenzy, all of my pent up frustrations, jealousy, and unhappiness without him taken out on him in each flick of my tongue. When the music ended I didn't notice but he did. He slowly pulled away turning back towards the glass. He readjusted himself under his pants while I stood there in the same position out of breath.

"Why did you-"

The door opened but I didn't look to see who had came out.

"There you are!! I was wondering where you went to. What are you-"

He lazily turned around looking unfazed, like he wasn't just making out with me and having to adjust his huge hard-on he had. "Getting fresh air. I was congratulating Sailor on a wonderful job of planning the party." Harry interrupted her.

I slowly looked at her. If I wasn't staring I would've missed the frustrated glare she gave me before she masked it with a fake smile.

"Yes. You did a great job Sailor. We have had a wonderful time." She waltzed up to him, standing between us as she placed her head on his shoulder and arm around his waist.

I didn't say anything but nodded and exited.