22

"Hello my name is Allison and this is Daniel. We will be doing your interview today."

I was a nervous wreck. I hadn't seen Harry and he hadn't mentioned anything about me applying for this job and apparently wasn't apart of the interview. I sat at the large conference table in a light blue suit outfit. Allison was a little older than me with blonde hair pulled back in a classy ponytail while David was older in a nice suit. Allison was apparently over the office personnel and Daniel was over the HR department.

"Nice to meet you both." I politely stood shaking their hands. Even though they had a copy of my resume and application, I still had an extra copy in my hands and laid it on the table.

"So, we've read your resume and application and I must say, what interested you in a position as an office secretary? Your credentials is related to healthcare I see." Allison was quick to jump in.

"My last job I worked for a pharmaceutical company which involved sales, public speaking and traveling. I enjoy medical work, however I feel as if I excel the best in an office environment. I'm aware this job doesn't pertain to medical sales or care per se, but I felt that it was time for a change and I am always interested in learning new things related to business work."

"Are you a good multitasker?" Daniel asked while Allison made notes.

"Yes. In my years of experience I've had to multitask a lot. I'm proficient in Microsoft word, excel and power point. I can type, chart while answering phone calls and taking messages."

"How are your organization skills?" Daniel was leading the interview now while Allison watched me and took notes.

"I'd say I'm very good at being organized. I believe you have to be in order to multitask."

"This job is a very busy one. Some may say or think it's just an office secretary job, which it is. However, there's more to it than that. This is a large company that deals with many different clientele with different businesses. You will get multiple phone calls daily, take messages, make sure the message gets carried out to the correct person while scheduling events, dinners, and business meetings. It's somewhat like an office secretary and a personal assistant job compiled into one. Some of the days are long and some weekends require work and sometimes you may have to travel for these jobs."

"That sounds fantastic and I'm always up for a challenge."

Allison and Daniel smiled. "Our office is very busy but everyone works as a team. We strongly believe in team work in order for things to run smoothly."

"How often are business meetings, dinners and traveling occur?"

"Mr.Styles like to have a business meeting at our branch on a bi monthly bases since we are the main headquarters. Dinners vary, sometimes involving charity events. Travel depends on Mr.Styles schedule which you will assist with keeping things up to date. He travels often for work and sometimes he goes alone and sometimes he requires assistance from the office. We have two other secretaries who also help answer phones and keep things organized. The position available now belonged to a young man who decided to transfer to a different office branch of ours."

"What makes your stand out more than the other candidates? What do you possess that will make you the best qualified person for this job?" Daniel asks

"I'm a hard worker and I'm dependable. I'm always eager to learn as much as I can so I can give the job the best performance as possible. I'm not afraid to ask a question or opinion if I have any. I adapt well with change and I like to stay busy. If I'm busy it means our jobs are secured and I can focus on the jobs that's required of me and make sure they get done as asked and as timely as they asked."