2

The following day, Liz and I were sitting at our small dining table eating breakfast. She had been on her phone a lot, I figured it was to Andrew. I didn't want her to feel guilty about the whole moving in two weeks deal so I thought telling her about the Harry text would be best. "So I took your all's advice and bit the bullet last night."

She looked up from her phone and smiled. "You texted Harry? How did it go? What did he say?"

I finished my bite of my omelet, telling her the news she was wanting to hear. "He replied back. Actually soon after I'd texted him. He said he was going to be staying at the penthouse and wanted to take me out to dinner."

"So you told him you were possibly moving and thought about staying there?"

"Well no. I'd just said hey and asked how he was and we needed to catch up. I figured I could fill him in on what's going on in person."

She smiled and took a drink of her orange juice. "Well that's good. Are you going to meet him for dinner?"

"Yeah. Tonight actually. I want to make sure he isn't like in a relationship before I throw out the favor of staying there. I mean, he said himself he was staying there for the next couple of weeks. If he's in a relationship I'm not staying there while he has her over. It would be too weird."

"Well I don't think he is in one and I don't think he'd bring her over even if he was. But we have paid next months rent so you can stay here until then Sailor."

I stood to clean my plate and placed it in the dishwasher. "I know. But I have to pack my shit, find a storage unit until I find a new place. If all else fails I could go stay at moms until then but I'm trying to avoid that." I loved mom but I hadn't lived with her since high school. I'd made the occasional weekend visits but couldn't see myself tolerating living there for a while.

"I feel like such an ass. I'm sorry about all of this. I hate that it's put you into a bind. I will talk to Andrew and pay my part of the rent for the next month if you need me to."

I knew Liz meant that too. She was my best friend and had been there for me through all the bad shit in my life and knew she wouldn't have done this intentionally. "No absolutely not. Do not feel bad. This is a happy time for you and I am happy for you. It's not like I'm going to be homeless Liz. Don't worry about this, really."

She stood to hug me and pulled back with a big grin on her face. "You're the best friend a girl could ever have. I don't know what I'd do without you. Now on to important matters. What are you going to wear tonight?"

I laughed at her comment. I hadn't really thought of that yet. "I dunno I need to look through my closet. It's filled with scrubs, pencil skirts and nice blouses. I don't own many nice dresses. Maybe I should just wear scrubs and say fuck it?"

Liz laughed loud and pulled me into my closet. She rummaged through my clothes and found the scarce amount of dresses I'd told her about. 

"This is the one you will wear tonight. No ifs, ands, or buts. It's gorgeous! Why don't you ever wear this one?!"

I looked at the red dress she was holding. It was red with sheer covering it and had a long v cut down the front. I'd forgotten I'd bought it on sale. "I forgot I even had that. I bought it a while back on sale and just never had an occasion to wear it." It was a pretty dress.

"Well come on! Time to start getting ready for the big dinner date!"

"It's not a date Liz. It's two friends catching up while one friend asks to live in the others place for a few weeks."

She dragged me into the bathroom until I got into the shower. When I came out in my towel she was going through my underwear drawer. "What are you doing!?"