7

"What did you think about this one?" Liz asked after we left the third apartment we had looked at. It was Friday, a day I had requested off of work to go apartment hunting. So far all three of the four places we looked at were nice.

"It was nice. After this last one I want to sit and think about each one and at least narrow it down to two."

"Yes and I want lunch. I forgot how tiring looking for a new place can be." I turned down a few streets and we pulled into the last place. It was a townhouse, two bedrooms upstairs and two and a half bathrooms. It was the biggest and priciest of them all but I had a feeling I'd like it the best.

The neighborhood was nice, about a 15-20 commute to work that had a community pool. It also had a garage which I really liked. It was brick and the inside was new with hardwood floors and perfect closet space. I knew after touring it that it was the one. I got the realtor's card and headed downtown to get Liz some lunch.

After we ordered she asked me the final verdict.

"The last one probably. It's a little more expensive a month but I like the neighborhood and extra space."

"I agree. Also the pool is a plus." She took a sip of her water and I checked my phone. I hadn't told Harry what I was doing today. I was afraid I'd hurt his feelings or offend him but I hated using him for help any longer. I hadn't seen much of him. He worked a lot and I didn't expect him to be there all the time. "I still don't understand why you won't stay at Harry's longer. It's free. It's a penthouse and gorgeous. Plus you can have good sex too."

I laughed at her and shook my head. "I don't have to stay at his place to have sex Liz. I'm tired of staying there. I feel like a moocher and I want my own place."

"So you're going to have sex with him again then?"

"What? No! I don't know." I sighed. "He works a lot. He travels a lot for work. Having sex with him just confuses my feelings. I don't want to be a side piece. I know he doesn't really have time for anything more and don't expect him to."

"But you care about him?"

"Well yeah. I always will. But if I go down that road again I will want commitment. I don't even know if he would want that. Or even have sex again with me."

Thankful our food arrived I filled my mouth to avoid this subject. It didn't stop Liz though. "Oh come on you know that's bull. I guarantee he'd sleep with you as much as you'd let it happen."

I laughed, she didn't understand the mixed feelings it really gave me. "He hasn't put a move on me since it happened. Plus we were drunk. I'll still visit him and stuff but I don't want to live with him."

I changed the topic to her life and wedding taking the heat off of me for once.

****

That night I did my own laundry and showered. It was around 8 and Harry texted me saying he was on his way home. I hated feeling like I was waiting on him. I felt like I was holding him back from his normal lifestyle even though he would never admit it.

I waited on him even though I told myself not to but I fell asleep before he came home. The next morning as I was getting back from my workout Harry surprised me asking me if I had wanted to go to his new house he'd bought. Apparently he was having a barbecue/pool party for some of his close coworkers and friends.

I caved and said yes hoping I'd packed a cute bikini. The ride to his new house was about two hours away and was huge. It was definitely a mansion and the pool area and pool was amazing. I picked a bedroom upstairs to stay in and Harry was on the phone the whole time with work.