Chapter 28

I woke up feeling no different than when I dozed off on the couch on Liams shoulders.

Louis head was on my leg, Camille leaning up against him, Zayn and Niall were still cuddling up next to each other. I look up at the clock on the wall.

8:36 am

The memorial was in 3 hours. 3 hours until I see my bestfriend. 3 hours until I get attacked by all the memories I had hidden deep inside for all these months. something that I dont want to happen ever. I started moving my upper body around, hoping it would wake Liam up and then everyone else. I started moving my shoulders and head, then my upper body.

"mmm" Liam said.

"Get up, we have 3 hours." I said to him quietly as I tried to wake Louis up next. I poked his cheek until he finally moved, Camille almost fell of the couch from Louis sudden body moving.

"Ah! Louis! what was that for?!" she said hitting his leg

"What'r you talking 'bout?" He said sleepily.

"You pushed me off." she said pouting and crossing her arms.

"Oops, blame Kacie, she poked me multyple times."

"there was a reason Louis. We need to get up and get moving." I said standing up, Louis' head hitting the couch. He looked up at me with a confused look.

"The memorial." Liam said, Louis' eyes met mine and he said he was sorry and that he forgot for a minute. He got off the couch and helped Camille of the ground. He walked over to me and gave me a big reassuring hug.

"You're ok, we're here for a reason, babe." he said into my ear quietly. I hugged him back and nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck for a few minutes. Liam and Camille attempted to wake up Zayn and Niall, both not wanting to be up right now. Louis and I walked down the hall and he helped me to my room. I walked in and thanked him, then shut the door. I walked over to my closest and looked at what I had to wear. I had a lot of black and gray but I was unsure what to wear. I ended up going with a straight black skater dress that had sleeves with it. I chose black vans and a little bow necklace with it. I wasn't big on wearing jewelry but this was and important event. I went to the mirror to do my hair and make up. I went with a winged eyeliner style with very light blush and little bit of red lipstick, just to bring some color to my face. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and put my dress on. When I was finished I looked into the mirror and almost didn't recognize myself. Rarely do I ever pay any attention to myself. I heard a soft knock at my door, and went to answer it.

I opened the door to see Niall in black slacks, a black and white stripped button down with a green tie with a black blazer over it. Niall's blue eyes looked into mine and he smiled.

"You look mesmerizing Kacie." he said to me pulling me into a hug.

"Th-thank you Niall, really." I replied hugging him back.

"I forgot how blue your eyes really wear, seeing your hair is out of your face and you're wearing make up." He complimented. I smiled back at him and asked what was happening.

"Oh well Liam wanted me to ask you if you were good, like if you needed any help with anything before he started getting dressed himself, but seeing how you're dressed now you don't need any." He chuckled.

"Oh, yeah no, I'm good. I was about to head to the kitchen, actually, to get something in my stomach." I told him while going back in my room to grab my purse. I shut the door behind me and his arm reached out for me. I grabbed it and together we walked down the hall.

"Nervous?" he asked

"Nervous isn't the word." I said looking down.

"Oh, well we are your friends for a reason." He said with a smile squeezing my hand for reassurance. I thanked him and we walked to the kitchen.