Chapter 6

After school Asher and Luka had to go somewhere so I had to walk to work alone. I wasn’t even a few feet away from the school when I hear the voice of Verity calling me. I stop in my tracks looking over my shoulder to see her running towards me. When she finally stops running and stops in front of me an awkward silence surrounds us.

“Symphony I’m so sorry. I was an idiot and I don’t blame you if you hate me but I need you. I can’t keep doing this, you know how hard it is trying to get your older sisters understand what you’re talking about. I’m so sorry I was being bitch could you ever forgive me.” She pleads looking at me with her big brown eyes. I knew I couldn’t stay mad at her.

“Calm down Verity, I forgive you. I can’t stay mad at you.” I say smiling pulling her into a hug.

“Oh thank you so much I’m so sorry for being such a bitch and turning my back on you.” She says hugging my tightly.

“No problem, but look I have to get to work or I’ll get in trouble. Text me later.” I say smiling pulling out of her hug.

“Alright, I will.” She says smiling.

I arrived at the bakery to find Sawyer with a sour expression on her face.

“What’s wrong Sawyer?” I ask curiously. She doesn’t answer me just stares in the direction of Mrs. Lousion’s office. A few minutes pass and she walks out with the last person I expected to see here. Rosemarie Stone, Jasper’s new girlfriend.

“Symphony…I’m sorry to tell you this but I have to let you go.” Mrs. Louison says sadly not looking at me. I stare at her in shock not believing what she just said.

“Why? I haven’t done anything wrong, I’m never late, I show up on time. Why are you doing this?” I ask frantically.

“Because I told Jasper that’s there’s no way that I’m going to work with you. So now you have to go bye-bye.” Rosemarie says smirking. I stare at her shocked then turn to look at Mrs. Louison.

“She’s kidding right, you seriously aren’t going to give this fake bitch my job are you? I’ve been working for you for 4 years.” I say staring at Mrs. Louison. All she does is mumble a soft sorry and telling me to take off the apron. I look over at Sawyer who looks absolutely pissed. Tugging the apron off I let out a sigh and toss it to Rosemarie who’s smirking at me. Little bitch. Stalking out of the bakery I walk to Verity’s house. Luckily she and Jacob are on her porch.

“Symphony what are you doing here? I thought you had to work?” Verity ask curiously standing up.

“I just lost my job to that bitch Rosemarie. She told Jasper that she didn’t want to work with me so Mrs. Louison handed the job over to her.” I explain plopping down on the steps.

“You’re kidding me right?” Jacob ask curiously standing up.

“I wish I was. Can you believe this, I’m about to walk home and give that asshole a piece of my mind. He got me fired from my job because of that little slut.” I say placing my head in my hands. 

“If you want I can ask my mom to give you a job. One her workers moved to a new pack so she needs some help.” Verity suggests taking a seat besides me. Verity’s mother owned the town’s produce shop. I like the idea of working there but it’s to far from my home. I liked working at the bakery because it was only a block or two away from my house. The produce shop was deeper into town, I’d have to take a bus and walk a couple blocks.

“Thanks for the offer Verity, but I need a place close to home and easy to get to after school.” I explain letting out a sigh.

“My aunt owns an old school diner a few blocks down from the school it’s near the boutique Verity works at. I can put a word in if you’d like.” Jacob suggests smiling.

“I’d appreciate it. Thank you both of you. Well I need to head home; I have homework to get done. I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” I say standing up.

“Don’t take your sweet time tomorrow morning we’ll be around at the usual time.” Verity says smiling. I nod my head and then begin walking home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture of Rosemarie