Chaoter 19 part 1

The next day Darren and I packed our bags and put them in the trunk. After enjoying breakfast with everyone we hit the road. The car ride was tense, we didn’t talk and little words were exchanged. Darren pulled over to get gas and a snack at the gas station. He climbed back into the car handing me lemonade and a bag of chips. He didn’t say anything he just started the car and we got back on the road. After a while I finally dozed off and took a nap.

Dream

There was nothing but darkness. I sat in the middle of nowhere and there was nothing but a mysterious fog surrounding my feet.

‘You’re in danger little one!’ the deep voice says coming through. I look around but the black wolf was nowhere to be found nor was the silver wolf.

‘I don’t understand what’s going on!” I yell frantically.

“Be strong my love. Be strong.’ The calm voice say

Jerking awake I look around to find myself in some unknown room. I looked around curiously; I figured I was in a hotel room. Remembering the warning I jump off the bed and rush to the door. Swinging it open I’m met face to face with Darren.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he ask slowly, keeping his hand in his jacket pockets, which I found odd.

“Where are we? We should be at home.” I ask curiously.

“We’re in neutral territory in Tennessee. I took a detour.” He say pushing me back into the room slamming the door and locking it.

“Darren what’s going on? Talk to me, please.” I whisper stepping back.

‘Get out of there!’ two voices yell in my head. Spinning around frantically I try and find some way out, running over to the window I attempt to get it open but then I hear the most terrifying sound, the sound of someone cocking a gun. Turning around slowly I see him pointing the gun straight at my face.

“Darren, please don’t do this.” I say weakly.

“You were going to leave me and take my baby with you. I cant…I wont let you go.” He says stepping closer making me step back.

“Darren, I’m not going anywhere. Please put the gun down.” I whisper calmly.

“Don’t lie to me! You were planning to leave!” he screams his grip tightening on the gun.

“Where are you getting this from? I’m not going anywhere?” I say shaking my head.

Get out of there! Right now!

I jump hearing the combined voices gain. My sudden movement causes Darren to jerk and squeeze the trigger. Ducking I hear the sound of glass shattering. I attempt to run to the door but he grabs my arm. He slams me into the window breaking more of the glass. He pushes me until I’m dangling holding onto the window sill for dear life.

“Please don’t do this Darren. Think of the baby, if I die so does it. I’m your soul mate Darren.” I plead weakly tears falling.

“I won’t let you go. If I can’t have you no one can.” He whispers. Next thing I know I’m falling, the fall wasn’t long but it did damage. I land feet first hearing a loud snap and excruciating pain. Collapsing on my back, I hear another loud thud as my head hits the concrete. The only thing I could think of was whether or not my pup was okay. I don’t know how long I lay there, but I was in pain. Soon black dots begin to dance in my vision. The last thing I see is a woman looking over me with a concerned expression, after that I black out.