Chapter 10

It took a while to calm Darren down, that’s the name of the Alpha of the Fire Blaze pack. Before we got into detail on what was going on between Darren and I. Akira told me that they contacted my pack and they claimed they had NO RECORDS of me. I was utterly confused and I wanted answers. What the hell was going on! Before I could ask any more questions about my pack, Akira explained to Darren and I why we reacted the way we did. Turns out we’re soul mates, two people who were born to be together. Not many people were luck enough to find their true mates, so Darren and I were lucky. After Akira told us that she left the room so Darren and I could get to know each other. Darren was handsome, short dark brown hair and eyes, a little bit of stubble and his smile was to die for. His voice was also deep and rich; I left like I was going to melt.

“Symphony, such a unique and beautiful name.” he whispers running the back of his hand over my cheek. I couldn’t help but lean into his touch.

“Never did I ever think that I had a soulmate. It’s so rare that the thought never crossed my mind. No matter what, I felt like I was never going to meet that special someone.” He whispers meeting my eyes.

“I always found it weir how easy it was for everyone else to settle down. I could never find that one person. Now I know why.” I whisper, not taking my eyes away from his.

‘Well I’m glad that you’re mine.” He whispers. I lean forward laying his head on his shoulder taking in his scent. A strong woodsy smell. He was buff and I could tell that he spent a lot of time outside.

“I can just picture you two making some really cute pups.” Akira says. Pulling away from Akira I narrow my eyes at her.

“Thanks for ruining the mood.” Darren mumbles keeping his face buried in my neck.

“Sorry but I need to change the gauze on Symphony.” She say coming into the room.

“Fine,” he mumbles leaning back, but keeps my hand in his. When she takes off the gauze I can’t help but flinch. The gash ran on the side of my right leg. It starts from my knee all the way to my ankle.

“This is the gash that had the silver in is. This wasn’t caused from the crash.” Akira explains dabbing the wound with disinfectant.

“What do you remember?” Darren asks curiously.

“We were traveling back from my Aunt’s wedding. Everything was fine until my Dad just swerved out of no where; after the van stopped I figured something was wrong because it was so quite. My leg was numb and I became dizzy. After that I kept passing out and waking up. I don’t get it, one minute my brothers and dad are there the next minute they aren’t.” I explain shaking my head.

“Don’t worry I promise I’ll get you answers.” Darren whispers kissing my forehead.

“I hope so.” I say softly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture of Darren