Chapter 16

It was pretty awkward when Jasper and Rosemarie here, I don’t know how it happened but the men went back to Jacob’s man cave and Verity, Rosemarie and I were still in the living room. What we all found utterly adorable was the way Lincoln continued to cling to Darren no matter what.

“I don’t think he’s ever going to let him go.” Verity says shaking her head smiling.

“I think it’s cute, he’s getting practice since he’ll be a daddy soon.” I say smiling.

“How far along are you?” Rosemarie asks curiously.

“I’m only two months, but then again this is an Alpha’s baby so ill be due before I know it.” I explain calmly.

“Have you and Jasper talked about having children?” Verity asks curiously.

“We’ve been talking about it, but I think Jasper still wants to wait.” She explains shrugging.

“I’m sure you two will be lucky to have pups.” Verity says smiling.

“I’m worried that you’ll be popping them out one after the other.” I say looking at Verity smirking.

“Lincoln was somewhat planned, this one was more of a surprise. And Lincoln was 6 months when I found out I was pregnant again.” Verity explain shrugging,

“This one is somewhat planned, I mean Darren insisted that he wanted children as soon as possible, so this one wasn’t really a surprise.” I explain shrugging.

“You’re going to make one unique mother Symph,” Verity says laughing.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I ask crossing my arms.

“You’re that one person who doesn’t care what other people think. Your children would be spoiled, crazy, independent, lets see sarcastic, smart mouthed, a little narcissistic, born with large egos, gorgeous/handsome, did I already say crazy…I’m sure I did.” And the list goes on and on and on.

“Did you say my children would be narcissistic?” Darren questions coming into the living room with Asher following close behind. Jasper and Jacob were no where to be around.

“Since Symphony’s the mother, yeah those children will be a little narcissistic. They’d also be a smart mouthed, sarcastic, crazy.” Asher says laughing.

“Okay we get it!” I yell shaking my head.

“I’m hungry,” Darren grumbles plopping down besides me.

“We have to wait for Jasper and Jacob,” Asher says plopping down on the recliner.

“What exactly are they talking about?” Verity ask letting out a sigh resting her feet on the coffee table.

“I honestly don’t know.” Asher replies shaking his head. Luckily a few moments later Jasper and Jacob come back into the living room. Jasper has a dark expression on his face and he walks over to Rosemarie whispering something in her ear then walking out.

“I’m sorry but we have to go, we invited my parents over for dinner tonight.” Rosemarie says softly before rushing out the house behind Jasper.

“Anyone else think that was awkward and a little sketchy?” Darren says after a few minutes shaking his head.

“I had to tell Jasper that he needs to behave himself while you and Symphony are here.” Jacob says running a finger through his finger.

“I wont have to kill anyone…will I?” Darren ask cracking his knuckles.

“For some odd reason after Symphony disappeared, Jasper started acting really strange.” Verity says crossing her arms.

“Strange as in….what? Mumbling to himself and looking acting as if he’s possessed?” Asher asks raising an eyebrow.

“No he just kept saying that Symphony was his and that no one could have her.” Jacob says worriedly.

“Yeah, I think I’m going to kill him.” Darren says standing up.

“Not with my son clinging to you like a baby koala.” Verity says shaking her head. I couldn’t help but laugh, I don’t think Lincoln was ever going to let him go. Darren lets out a sigh and plops back down on the couch causing Lincoln to laugh which immediately made Darren smile.

“Four more months Darren and you’ll have your own pup.”Verity says smiling at Darren and I.

“I feel like its eternities away.” He whispers while Lincoln is distracted and fascinated with Darren’s large hands.

“It’s worth the wait. The moment when you first hold your pup and you look them in the eye, ill admit I cried a little when I first held Lincoln.” Jacob says smiling at his son, who looks at him at the mention of his name.

“I really do hope I get my little girl.” Verity says hopefully.

“Right now I don’t care as long as its healthy.” I say smiling rubbing my stomach gently.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------