Chapter 34

I was extremely nervous sitting and waiting for Dante to arrive. Adrian and Angela were across the street at the park until my meeting with Dante was over. The last time I saw was when Adrian and I were moving out the apartment. Why did he want to see me?

I had been so deep in thought it took me a couple minutes and I was shocked to find Dante sitting across from me watching me curiously.

“You okay there Symphony? I’ve been calling your name for a few minutes.” He explains.

“Sorry, I was deep in thought.” I mumble.

“I bet you’re wondering why I wanted to see you. I promise to be civilized, so I promise I won’t freak out about anything.” He explains smiling.

“So what is it you wanted to discuss?” I question slowly.

“I’ve fallen in love. You and Adrian have a connection which I was jealous of but now I understand the way you two feel, and I’m truly happy for you two. I went on a trip to Paris and met a love girl named Anastasia. She was on a family trip and originally lives in Seattle, Washington. I bought a house up there so I can see her more often I love her and thankfully she returns the feelings.” Seeing the look of pure love in his eyes I knew what he said was sincere.

“I’m happy for you Dante; you’ve finally found someone who makes you happy. Everyone deserves to be happy.” I say smiling.

“I can’t stay long because I’m going to visit Ana. I hope you and Adrian have a good life. Congratulations on your second child, I bet Adrian freaked when he found out.” He says standing smiling down at me. Standing up I smile at him.

“I hope I can meet this luck chic.” I say smiling widely. Smiling down at me he pulls me into a quick hug. 

After Dante leaves I head across the street to the park to find Angela, Adrian, and Dalton sitting on a bench talking. All three of them look up and Angela jumps from the bench rushing over to me hugging my legs.

“I found this lost soul relaxing by the fountain so I invited him to spend time with Angela and I.” Adrian explains smiling. Smiling I plop down between the two and I’m shocked when Angela moves form my lap to Dalton’s. 

“He’s stolen my princess from me.” Adrian says shaking his dramatically. Angela looks at Adrian smiling but rests her head on Dalton’s chest letting out a yawn.

“Yup, I’ve lost her.” Adrian grumbles turning away.

“You have another one on the way, don’t worry.” Dalton says softly.

“So Symph, what did Dante want?” Adrian asks turning back to me, his face turning serious.

“He’s in love. He met a girl and is in love with her. He just wanted to have closure.” I explain smiling. Adrian seems shocked at my answer but after a moment or two his face softens.

“I’m happy for him. I’m happy to hear he’s met someone to love.” He says smiling.

“Everyone deserves happiness.” Dalton whispers kissing the side of my head, a moment later Adrian does the same. I grab Adrian and Dalton’s hands in mine;

“Got my two favorite men right here.” I say smiling looking between the two of them.

Dalton came home with us not only because Angela threw a fit if he tried to leave, but I really wanted Dalton to know he was always welcome and was now part of our family. Adrian and Dalton got along easily and I was happy to see them so relaxed around each other. I was even shocked when Adrian invited Dalton to come with us to the ultrasound Saturday.

“Are you sure?” Dalton asks nervously.

“Of course, we’re family Dalton. You have every right to be there, don’t ever think you aren’t welcome.” He states seriously. Dalton looks shocked but nods his head with a soft smile on his face.

“Speaking of family. Thanksgiving is next week. Monica wants to have dinner at her home; I think it’d be good though. She’s inviting everyone.” I say plopping down next to Dalton.

“I feel like Whizdom wont show.” Dalton states slowly.

“Why wouldn’t she?” I ask curiously.

“I called Whizdom yesterday and she sounded upset. I couldn’t even get a straight answer from her,” he explains slowly.

“I’ll call her later and talk to her.” I mumble resting my head on his shoulder.

I ended up falling asleep and when I woke Angela was sitting was riding on Dalton’s back as he crawled around the room. Looking at Adrian I was confused at how he could have a serious face at the moment.

“The TV couldn’t entertain her so she made a new way to entertain herself.” He explains setting his book down.

“I’ve been doing this for 10 minutes now, can I stop?” Dalton questions coming to a halt which causes Angela to begin beating on his back.

“There’s your answer.” Adrian says laughing. Smiling I lean back and watch the scene before me. This is how I wanted things; this is how life should be. I place my hand on my stomach rubbing small circles, with this little one on the way I was happy to know my family is expanding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW