Chapter 42

I made a mistake at letting Dalton drive. As soon as I told him and Adrian about Whizdom, we were in the car speeding down the interstate.

"Dalton maybe you should slow down." Adrian states leaning forward.

"I can’t slow down, Whizdom is in trouble." he states firmly. Adrian lets out a sigh and lean back in his seat.

10 minutes later

The car comes to a stop in front of a small cabin that looks abandoned, but seeing Whizdom's car off to the side told otherwise. Dalton didn’t even hesitate as he runs into the house. Adrian and I share a worried glance before heading inside. As soon as you walk into the house, it’s pretty obvious something bad happened. The furniture is broken and strewn about, there's blood on the walls, floor, and ceiling. There was even a smeared blood trail leading from the living room, through the kitchen, then through the hall into a back bedroom. It's extremely silent which makes me extremely nervous. Walking into the back bedroom I'm met with the horrifying sight of a woman lying on the bed obviously dead. The bed is soaked in blood, and her eyes were wide open, in here was worse than the main room, there is blood everywhere in here. Looking around the room I notice Whizdom in the corner covered in blood, with Dalton kneeling in front of her trying to comfort her.

"Whizdom talk to me, tell me what happened." he whispers comfortingly, but all she does is cower away from him. He looks back at Adrian and I worriedly. Walking over to Dalton, I kneel besides him looking at Whizdom worriedly.

"Hi Whizdom, I came just like you asked." I say softly, having to talk to her as if she's a child she stares at me shocked before tears begin streaming down her face.

"It was an accident! She wouldn’t stop yelling I didn’t know what to do! She came at me, she had it coming." she seemed somewhat upset but she also seemed extremely detached.

"Tell me what happened Whizdom." I whisper softly.

"She wouldn’t stop asking for money! Money this, money that. All she wanted was my money. She was using me just for my money! She was asking for money and I told her no and that I was going back home and she lunged at me. She started hitting me so I rolled us over and I just started punching her and I just couldn’t stop. I..." she can’t continue because Dalton slaps his hand over her mouth stopping her.

"Adrian I want you to tell me right now what will happen if she continues, what will happen to her. " he commands, his face set firmly.

"Part of me believes she, wasn’t mentally sane when she killed her mother. If she planned what to kill her mother she could be executed. But there's a strong possibility she'll be put under pack control." he explains slowly.

"What's pack control?" I ask curiously turning to look at Adrian.

"She'll live on pack territory. She'll stay in a confined house, and will be monitored 24/7. After a minimum of three years, she'll be aloud out the house but must remain in the pack." he explains looking between Whizdom and her dead mother.

"Isn’t that solitary confinement?" I question slowly glancing back at Whizdom who was now rocking back and forth mumbling to herself.

"She'll be aloud outside contact, but first the pack has to see how she'll react. So it may be a few weeks before we could visit her." he explains letting out a sigh.

"So can she finish her story?" I ask curiously.

"What do you say Dalton, is she allowed to finish her story.” he asks his voice going empty giving Dalton a cold stare.

"I'm sorry I want to protect my sister. She protected me when we were younger so now it's my chance to protect her." Dalton states standing crossing his arms.

"Stop arguing, both of you. Let's just get her away from here." I demand standing looking for a blanket and wrapping it around her. I really was worried on what would happen with Whizdom, people always say that things happen for a reason. I guess Whizdom was pushed to her breaking point.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE

COMMENT

"STRENGTH " WILL BE COMING TO AN END VERY SOON.