Chapter 22

While Angela played with her toys on the floor, Adrian and I were laid out on the couch. I had my head resting on his chest while he ran his fingers through my hair. I was beginning to doze off when there was a knock at the door. I open my eyes and look at Adrian curiously.

“Are you expecting anyone?” he asks sitting up slowly.

“No, maybe it’s Whizdom.” I say shrugging standing up walking to the door. When I open it, I’m shocked to see Chris and Akira standing there.

“Symphony!” Chris says wrapping his arms around me.

“Chris, how did you find me?” I say staring at him nervously.

“It wasn’t easy, your scent was faint. After what happened to Darren we didn’t even know whether you’d still be alive.” Akira explains.

“What happened to Darren?” I ask slowly.

“Symphony, I don’t think you want to know.” Adrian says slowly from behind.

“What’s that?” Chris asks going defensive.

“That’s Adrian; now tell me what happened to Darren.” I say turning back to Chris.

“Tell us what happened and we’ll fill in the blanks.” Akria says staring at Angela curiously.

“On our trip Darren was acting over possessive and wasn’t being himself. We were on our way home and I fell asleep. When I woke up I was in a hotel. I tried to get out but Darren came into the room acting even stranger. He pulled out a gun and began shooting, and then he pushed me out the window. I was clinging to the window sill and he pushed me. Now tell me what happened to Darren.” I explains crossing my arms. Before Chris or Akira can say anything Adrian blurts out the answer.

“He killed himself.” He says quickly before covering his mouth. I stare at him shocked and turn to look at Chris and Akira but they won’t look at me. I turn back to Adrian with my arms crossed.

“Dante went back to the hotel after we left Whizdom; s when he came back all he said was that he was dead. You were already gone, when I came here I was going to tell you but I was afraid that you’d break and go into early labor. I forgot about but Dante hasn’t.” he explains holding his head down. I let out a sigh and walk over to him and punch his shoulder.

“That’s for not telling me and because I appreciate that you care.” I say shrugging.

Chris and Akira stayed for a while; I could tell they weren’t telling me something. That or they were holding back on me. Angela seemed wary of Chris and Akira. She would shy away from them, so she remained in Adrian’s arm the entire time. Eventually he left to her room to put her down for her nap.

“Aren’t you even a little upset over Darren’s death?” Akira ask slowly. With her bringing up the question even I felt like a cold person for my answer. Yes, he attempted to kill me but he still loved me, and in some way he care about me. So why don’t I miss him?

“Yes, he loved me and care about me but it’s hard to feel remorse for the person who attempted to end yours and your unborn child’s life.” I explains shaking my head.

“That’s cold Symphony. So what he had a bad day that man loved and accepted you.” Akira says coldly.

“That same man attempted to kill her not caring that she was carrying a pup.” Adrian says his voice sounding 10xs colder.

“He has a point. First he attempted to shoot her, and then pushed her out a window. I’m surprised she and her daughter are still alive.” Chris says calmly.

“You need to come home.” She says crossing her arms.

“No I don’t, I was never sworn in as Luna. I’m staying here.” I say crossing my arms. No words are exchanged there is a tense silence before Alira lets out a huff.

“Have fun dealing with you sister. I’m going to go wait in the car.” She grumbles standing up storming from the house.

“Sorry about her Symph, but I got to go. Can you at least call or something? I miss you.” Chris says softly giving me a quick hug.

“I will and I’m sorry for just leaving not even trying to contact you.” I say smiling apologetically. He kisses me gently on the forehead before walking out the apartment.

Adrian, Angela and I sat in the living room I was to lazy to cook dinner so we ordered a pizza.

“This week has been so crazy.” I say letting out a sigh.

“Tell me about it, we need to do something so we can relax.” Adrian says softly.

“That sounds like a good idea.” I say smiling softly. He sits there with a thoughtful look on his face, before a large smile rises on his face.

“I have the perfect idea.” He says smiling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------