Chapter 23

I was extremely excited Adrian and I were on the road going where..I don’t know. Adrian wouldn’t tell me. Angela was in the back seat fast asleep, in fact we hadn’t even left Phoenix before she was asleep. I was begging to fall asleep when my phone began buzzing, pulling it out I didn’t even bother to check and see who was calling.

“Hello.” I answer partially sleep still evident in my voice.

“Where are you?” a deep voice comes through, and it takes me a few minutes to realize its Dante’s voice.

“Dante, I thought you went on a business trip.” I say nervously.

“I came back early. Now tell me where you are.” He demands. I turn to Adrian and stare at him nervously but it does me no good since he just looks away quickly.

“Adrian, Angela, and I are going on a trip.” I reply nervously. It goes extremely quite and I begin to become nervous.

“Let me talk to Adrian…please.” He demands slowly obviously trying to hide his anger.

“Not right now Dante, he’s driving.” I say slowly.

“Let him know ill be calling him very soon.” Then the lines goes dead.

“He’s pissed Adrian, like really pissed.” I say glancing at him.

“He’s my brother. I’m used to his temper.” He says calmly.

“Adrian do you really think that Darren’s…”

“Don’t even go there Symphony. This trip is meant to forget about that.” Adrian states seriously. I could tell Adrian had never really thought about it and I guess the thought made him nervous. He was fidgeting and constantly re-adjusting his hands on the wheel.

We had stopped for lunch and after a while we got back on the road and I ended up drifting off. When I woke up I was met with the most amazing sight ever.

“Adrian this house is gorgeous!” I say smiling climbing out the car.

“This will be our home for the next two weeks. Of course we have a part of the beach to ourselves, its part of the property. And don’t worry it’s child proof and there’s food in here for precious Angela.” He explains smiling, then tickling her causing her to laugh loudly.

“Why are we just standing here? Show me around!” I say jumping up and down. He shakes his head smiling then grabs my hand guiding me into the house.

Instead of going straight to the beach we decided to swim in the indoor pool. I was lazily swimming around, while Adrian was dipping Angela in the shallow end. Swimming over to them, I smile climbing onto the ledge besides him.

“She sure does love the water.” I say smiling.

“I know, when she’s older we’ll have to teach her how to swim.” He suggests lifting her onto his lap.

“Where are we, you still haven’t told me.” I ask swishing my feet in the water.

“Pismo beach, California. When I was younger we’d come here to visit my grandparents. After they moved to Florida we didn’t come as much. I came here a couple months ago and I spruced it up, baby proofed it and made it suitable. Then I thought how much you’d love it, so I planned to bring you here.” He explains smiling.

“So, what will be doing while we’re here?” I ask curiously

“Don’t worry Symph, I have a bunch of things planned for the three of us.” He says smiling.

“You going to give me any hints?” I ask smiling.

“Nope, it’s all going to be a surprise.” He says smiling continuing to bounce Angela on his knee.

Dinner was extremely delicious, made by Adrian and after dinner Angela fell asleep so we put her in her room. Adrian and I sat in the living room on the couch. He had his arm thrown around my shoulder and had me pressed to his side.

“While we’re here I planned a special night for the two of us.” Adrian whispers softly.

“Then what will we do with Angela?” I ask nervously.

“Don’t worry, Whizdom is going to come down and watch her.” He says calmly giving me a gently squeeze. I let out a sigh closing my eyes and just relax in Adrian’s arms. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so relaxed, calm, safe in someone’s arms. When I was around Adrian he made all the bad disappear.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet another chapter posed!!!

So who's falling in love with Adrian and who wants Dante to get his chance?

Team Adrian or Team Dnate?