Chapter 12

Akira’s POV

After Darren gave me permission to go up to Symphony’s and Chris’s old pack I talked with Symphony to know who to look for. She described her brothers, father, mother, sister, and a few of her friends to talk to. What I really wanted to do was talk to the Alpha and see what he knows. I met Aaron at the entrance of the pack grounds waiting for me in a truck.

“Ready to travel to Maine and get some answers for our Luna?” I ask climbing into the passenger side.

“Sure, but like Darren said if I suspect something bad is going to happen I’m pulling you out.” He replies starting the car up.

The drive to Maine was long and it was perfect because I had enough time to think about the questions I was going to ask. When we arrived we were met at the border by a guy who looked exactly how Symphony described her brother Michael.

“What can I do for you?” he asks as soon as Aaron rolled down the window.

“We have a request from our Alpha to search for a missing pack member. We believe that they might be here.” Aaron says smoothly. I notice immediately at the mention of a missing pack member he tenses up.

“My Alpha has just given me okay. If you need any help don’t be afraid to ask.” He says putting on a fake smile. Aaron nods his head and begins driving into town.

“Do you know who you’re looking for?” he asks after a few minutes of cruising through the town.

“Yeah, her best friend Verity, Jacob, Asher, Luka, and an old co-worker of her’s names Sawyer.” I say examining the list of names.

“Who do you want to start with?” he asks curiously.

“I want to talk to the Alpha, he should know where these pack member are.” I say crossing my arms. He nods his head and drives where I tell him to.

When we arrive at the Alpha’s home the first thing I notice is a couple sitting outside on the porch. I instantly realized they were Symphony’s best friends Verity and Jacob. I noticed an older man outside with them.

“Ah, you must be Akira and Aaron your Alpha informed me that the two of you would be coming here. My name is Alexander Reed, Alpha.” The man says standing up walking over to Aaron and I.

“It’s nice to meet you sir. I promise we won’t be taking up to much time we’d just like to see if we can get any information.” I say smiling, but I can’t help but glancing over his shoulder at the couple.

“I don’t mind you can talk to whoever you’d like.” He says smiling before turning and heading back inside which I found a little odd. After he went inside I walked over to the couple.

“Verity Stone and Jacob Reed?” I ask curiously. They both nod their heads then share a look,

“You’re here about Symphony, aren’t you?” Verity says slowly. I nod my head slowly and look at them curiously.

“Yes, how did you know?” I ask curiously.

“She and her family went on a trip a week ago and she never came back. Her father said that she decided to stay there and didn’t want to come back.” Verity explains with an agitated expression on her face.

“And you don’t believe that?” Aaron asks curiously.

“No! Even though Symphony was having some problems here she wouldn’t just leave, and even if she did she would’ve have called by now.” She says crossing her arms.

“What do you think happened?” I ask slowly.

“I don’t know, but her family is covering something up. Her mother left when she was four and then she all of sudden reappears. And as soon as they come back without Symphony she moves back into the house. I don’t know what happened but that family is covering something up.” She replies.