Chapter 11

A few weeks had passed since the crash and my family disappearing. My leg was somewhat healed but that didn’t stop me from helping out around the pack. Darren of course didn’t want me to so we argued, I of course won. Darren’s aunt Liana was the one helping me out, right now she was trying to decide what I was going to do. I learned that even though Darren and I were soul mates rules still applied, which I could tell Darren didn’t like the rules. But in my opinion it was worth the wait.

“Okay little one there are a bunch of things to do. Can you do anything with horses?” Liana asks gesturing to the stables.

“I can tend them but I can’t ride them.” I say shrugging,

“What about crops?” she asks pointing to the fields.

“Tell me what you need done and I’ll do it.” I say smiling.

“What about cooking?” she asks placing her hand on her hip.

“I worked in a bakery for 4 years; I taught myself how to cook. Just give me a recipe and I’ll cook it.” I explain smiling.

“You city folk sure do love to multi-task.” She says shaking her head heading in the direction of the stables. I let out a sigh and follow her.

I think I kind of surprised Liana with how much I could do with horses. I cleaned their stalls, fed them, and groomed them. But there was one horse that wouldn’t let anyone touch him.

“That’s Darren’s horse Sypher. He doesn’t like many people” Liana explains when she notices me staring. I look at her then glance back at the horse; I shrug my shoulder and turn to follow her when I notice someone who look to familiar for it to a coincidence.

“Chris!” I say loud enough for him to head me. Chris was 5th eldest brother, out of all of them Chris was the only one who cared. He was the only one that told me where he was going and when he’d be back, when I was 12 he went on his daily run, he walked out the back door waved good-bye and that was the last time I saw him. Everyone told me he was attacked and killed by rouges, we had a funeral and everything, but now he was standing right in front of me. He spins around quickly and stares at me in disbelief.

“You know each other?” Liana asks confused.

“He’s my brother. My family told me he was dead, obviously that was a lie.” I explain glancing back at her then back at him.

“Chris…is this true?” Liana ask shocked

“Yes, she’s my little sister. Never did I think they’d try to get rid of you.” He whispers stepping towards me.

“You’re telling me that your family tried to kill you!” Liana asks shaking her head. Chris nods his head and doesn’t take his eyes off of me. What the hell was going on!

Darren, Chris, Akira, Liana, and I all sat in Darren’s office listening to Chris’s story;

“After I waved good-bye to Symphony I walked out the back door and into the woods. I was just walking so I hadn’t shifted yet. I was few miles down the trail when I heard rustling when I turned around Michael was behind me. I didn’t think anything of it, I mean it was my brother I didn’t anything was wrong. I said ‘hey’ but he didn’t reply. I didn’t think anything was wrong until I felt a blow to my back. I fell to the ground disoriented, I tried to get up when someone stomped on my back then I felt a rope going around my throat. Whoever it was tightened the rope until I passed out. When I came to I was in the back of a truck, Trevor and Liam on either side of me. I had duct tape over my mouth and my hand and feet were bound.  When I began struggling Trevor threw me off the seat and Liam began kicking me, he kicked me in the head knocking me unconscious. When I woke up again I was in a clearing and my brothers and Dad were all surrounding me. Jameson was the first person to throw a punch, then they all joined in. When they were done I could barely breathe I was covered in cuts and bruises. Finally Dad told them to stop, he walked over to me and leaned down and told me that next time I better keep my mouth shut. I did understand what he meant but then I remembered something. A few weeks before they took me and attacked me, I was in town when I saw Mom and she had Anya with her. When I walked over to Mom and Anya I asked them what was going on. Mom got all nervous and wouldn’t look at me but Anya yelled at me to mind my own business. She grabbed Mom’s arm and took her away. I went home and waited until Symphony was asleep to talk to my brothers. They just waved it off and said nothing. I told them that I was going to inform the Alpha what  I saw and they told me not to talk to him, that I didn’t know what I was talking about. After they finished beating me they left, I was weak and I didn’t know whether I was going to live or die. I blacked out form the blood loss when I woke up I was in the infirmary. I talked to the Alpha and he contacted the pack and they claimed they had no knowledge of me ever being there. I didn’t really understand what was going on so I dropped it and moved on. Part of me wanted to just forget about my past but there was always part of me who wouldn’t let me forget about Symphony. I wanted nothing more than to go back to see her but I was afraid that my father and brothers would keep their promise and kill me if I came back. I never thought they’d try and kill Symphony. She was so independent so I thought they’d just leave her alone. I guess I was wrong.” Hearing Chris’s story shocked me, and I wanted answers. 

“What is your family trying to hide?” Akira asks quietly.

“I don’t know whatever it is has to do with it have to do with Mom.” Chris whispers.

“Mom had arrived home a couple weeks ago. My father and my brothers were on one side of the room while my sister and mother were on the other side of the room. I told them all off and avoided them. A few weeks later they my sister and mother came back, Mom wanted to move back in the house and I wouldn’t allow that. But I don’t understand what I did for them to try and get rid of me.” I explain laying my head on Darren’s shoulder. The room is quite for a few seconds before Akira speaks up,

“If Darren will let me I could travel to your pack and maybe see if I can get some answers. Someone has to know something; I mean a 16 year old female can’t just go missing without someone noticing.” Akira suggests shrugging.

“I was best friends with the future Alpha, and I had a couple close friends who knew where I was going, I’m sure they’d be a little worried if I didn’t return.” I explain lifting my head.

“If they’d come up with an excuse for Chris’s disappearance, I’m sure they’d come up with an excuse for you not returning.” Darren says letting out a sigh.

“Who did you talk to when you asked about me?” I ask looking at Darren.

“Beta Andrew Sanamoni.” He replies calmly.

“I hate that man. I never trusted him; I always thought he was a little shady.” Chris says crossing his arms.

“I didn’t like him either, any time I’d hang out with Jasper he’d always give me weird looks.” I explain leaning back over to Darren.

“Maybe he’s the one helping you father and brothers get away with what they’re doing. I mean the Beta has access to the same things and Alpha does. What’s stopping him from making things disappear?” Darren suggests pulling me closer to his side.

“Please Darren; let me got to their pack for a few days and see if I can get some answers. I’ll only stay for a few days and I’ll just gather enough information I can get.” Akira pleads turning to Darren. He lets out a sigh then looks down at me then at Chris.

“I’m sending Aaron with you. And if he feels that you guys are in any danger then you’re coming back. I’ll give the Alpha a call and tell him…that a member went up to his pack and I just wanted to see if it’s true.” He says running his fingers through his hair.

“Thank you Darren.” I whisper resting my head on his shoulder. I really do hope Akira can get me and Chris some answers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture of Chris