Chapter 30

Whizdom’s POV

I don’t know why but the way Symphony explained her second mate I knew immediately who she was talking about. Dalton and I are siblings, yes we have different last names and different mothers but that doesn’t mean anything. 

Dalton had a hard childhood, his mother died when he was young and his dad paid him little attention. When my mom and his dad married, Dalton barely said a word and usually would stay in his room and kept to himself. I’m older than both Dante and Adrian by three years and Dalton is younger by four years. He would prefer to sit alone in the woods and read; I would often go with him to make sure he didn’t wander too far off. For as long as I can remember Dalton has always felt like he didn’t belong like he was an outcast. Hearing that Symphony could be his mate I felt….ecstatic. Symphony wasn’t one to judge, she didn’t care if someone was different.

“I’m a coward Whizdom; I felt the sparks and ran.” He states nervously.

“Yes, but she still wants to meet you and get to know you.” I say calmly.

“Really! I didn’t think….” His voice trails off with a hopeful expression.

“She told me she was going to tell her mate about meeting you,” when I see his reaction I instantly regret saying anything about Adrian.

“Oh great, now she’s never going to accept me.” He says shaking his head.

“No, Adrian is a really cool guy he’s not that bad of a guy. He’s understanding, he is extremely laid back person.” I explain rubbing his arm soothingly.

“How do you suggest I get in contact with her?” he asks nervously.

“I can set up a meeting for the two of you. I’m sure shed want to meet with you.” I say smiling. A couple minutes later I feel my phone buzz and pull it out and smile at him,

“Look at that, it’s her.” I say smiling widely answering the phone

“Hey Symph, what can I do for you?” I ask trying to hide my laugh seeing Dalton’s terrified expression.

“You sound like you’re in a good mood. What the hell are you up to?” she asks slowly.

“Well that guy you were telling me about, turns out he’s my brother. His name is Dalton, and I’m with him right now.” He leaps to slap the phone out my hand but I hurry and move out of his way.

“Really! He left and I didn’t even get to catch his name. What’s his name? Can I meet him, please please Whizdom!” she’s acting like a damn child; I turn to see Dalton with a look of shocked and a little bit of amusement.

“I already said his name.” I states shaking my head.

“Oh yeah! Dalton…I like that name. I want to meet him, can I meet him?” she ask hopefully.

“How’d Adrian take it?” I ask plopping down on the couch.

“He took it well, as long as he’s not another Dante, but I don’t think he is. Now answer my question, can I meet him?” she explains.

“Of course you can meet him. I’m over his house I can…oh he just passed out. He wants to meet you I guess he’s just really nervous. He’s always been really quite and he tends to keep to himself. I don’t think he ever really expected to meet his mate. I guess it’s overwhelming.” I explain shaking my head at my unconscious brother.

“Oh…well um, I guess I can just wait until he’s ready. Well I guess I can wait until he’s ready, I’ll just talk to you some other time Whizdom, night.” Before I can respond she hangs up. I truly didn’t know how their relationship was going to turn out. Dalton is a very secluded, keep to himself kind of guy. Their relationship can go one way or another, there really was no telling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry it took me so long to finally update, i just have a lot of things i need to do and i guess i let time get away