09.

•Alanna•

That night was probably the worst night that I've had in a long time. I tossed and turned over and over again, and I couldn't seem to get comfortable.

All I could think about was Mikey.

What would have happened if I didn't pull away? If I had let him kiss me.

I'm not saying I regret stopping it from happening, I'm just curious. But now I will never know.

I guess that's for the best.

/

It's 8am when I start to hear footsteps coming up the stairs. I quickly pretend to be asleep and my bedroom door creaks open.

I hear things shuffling around before I hear a bag upzip, or maybe zip up. I'm not sure so I peek out of my right eye, only to see Mikey pick up his duffle bag and start to leave the room.

He pauses for a second so I close my eyes again. He must have turned around because I soon feel him leave a kiss on my forehead.

"I'm so sorry," he sighs before placing something on my nightstand and leaving the room.

As soon as I hear the front door close, I hop out of bed to look out my window. I watch as he makes his way down the street. I'm guessing he's going back to his house.

I walk over to my nightstand and find a piece of paper folded up.

'Lana, I'm sorry about last night. I think I need a few days to myself. I'll explain everything later. x Mky'

I frown, placing the note back down as I sit down on the edge of my bed. He needs a few days? I'm not sure how he's going to manage that because we have school tomorrow.

I try calling him to make sure he was okay but he sends me to voicemail (lollll). Minutes later my phone rings and I quickly answer, thinking it was Mikey.

"Hey, did you go home?" I rush out.

"Uhh- I've been home," a voice answers, one clearly not belonging to Mikey.

"Oh, Chance... Hi," I reply in embarrassment.

"Were you expecting someone else?"

"No! No. Well yes, but I'm glad you called," I tell him with a smile on my face.

"Good. I missed you so I was wondering if you'd like to go on that date I talked about last night?"

"Of course I would. Where exactly would we be going?" I ask.

"It's a surprise but I'd recommend wearing jeans. Oh, and socks."

I laugh, "Okayyy then."

"I'll be there in 30."

/