28.

•Alanna•

Yesterday was pure torture, that's the only way to describe it.

I spent the entire day helping Laura's mom get the reveal party together. I'm just glad that it's almost time for it to start because I can't take any more of it.

Don't get me wrong, her mom is nice but... a little bossy and definitely a perfectionist. She was so excited about this and she didn't want anything to go wrong.

So right now she's running around, making sure that everything is set up correctly... once again. Laura is by my side, biting her nails nervously.

"He'll be here... right?" she randomly asks.

I give her a confused look, "Mikey? Of course he'll be here."

She nods but looks down, "Just making sure. I um, I know he didn't exactly want to do this."

I cough awkwardly, not knowing what to say. Thankfully, Mikey walks in at that very moment so I don't have to say anything.

He glances around the house at all the people before his eyes land on me.

He quickly walks over, "Hey guys. I'm sorry I'm here later than I wanted to be but... I brought my mom and sister. They wanted to be here."

I see them walk through the door and Laura's eyes widen, "What?! Why didn't you tell me?"

Mikey shrugs, "Didn't exactly have time. But it's okay, she just wants to meet you."

I slowly back away from them as his mom and sister approach, giving them their privacy.

Aime hasn't exactly met Laura yet for some reason, and from what I've heard, she's not the biggest fan. His sister already knew Laura from school and I guess she told their mom enough about her (at least about who she used to be).

"Lana!" I see Michael by the punch bowl and walk over to him.

"Hey Mike. Where's Izzy?" I ask as I fill myself a cup.

He shrugs, "Around here somewhere. Looking good, by the way."

I raise an eyebrow at him and he chuckles while clarifying, "The party."

I blush a little, "Rightttt thanks."

We talk for a little before he clears his throat and nods to behind me. I turn and see Chance standing with his hands in his pockets. 

Michael excuses himself to find Izzy and I refuse to meet my boyfriend's stare.

"Alanna... About our little argument, I'm really sorry. Things got out of hand and I shouldn't have reacted like that. You told me you wanted to take things slow and I shouldn't be mad at you for not having the same feelings that I do at the moment..." he gives me a sad smile and I sigh.

"You don't have to apologize. I understand why you were upset and I don't blame you..."

He shakes his head, "I didn't want to fight with you and I did exactly that. I don't want to pressure you into saying it back, so I am sorry."

"All is forgiven," I tell him before stepping into his embrace.

He kisses the top of my head before asking me how things went with setting this party up. As we talk, I notice Laura mysteriously step outside with one of her close friends, Kat. She was glancing around nervously before she left and I knew something was up.