21.

Why would I waste more time on the unknown when he is sitting right here in front of me, clearly expressing what he wants and how he feels?

"I understand if you need time-" he sighs but I cut him off with my answer.

•Alanna•

I kiss him and he kisses back after the initial shock wears off. I have to let go and do what's going to make me happy in the end. And I know so far being with Chance has done exactly that.

He chuckles and pulls away for air, "Okay I guess I'll take that as your answer."

I smile and kiss him again, mumbling 'mhmmm' against his soft lips.

And for once, I actually feel content.

...

Liked by michaelbmoc, laurac3, and 142 others

alannawinters: hi 🙊
👤 Tagged: chance

chance: Hi 😍

laurac3: 😩 Cuteeee

user1: ? 🧐 When did this happen

user2: Wow 😨

reyna.peterson: @mkyofficial

I stare at the comments as Chance falls asleep with his head on my lap. We watched a few movies and talked about anything and everything until he started getting sleepy. He was going to head home but it's really late, so I told him he could stay here.

My mom was always working so I didn't have to worry about her coming home and throwing a fit. She doesn't even know what's been going on in my life lately - not that she'd care. Besides I wouldn't even tell her, considering she still thinks I only view Mikey as a friend.

Anyway, back to the comments. Laura's 'Cuteee' reply confuses me. I still don't trust her but she's probably only being nice because I have a boyfriend now. Which means she doesn't have to worry about me going after Mikey.

Every time I remember the fact that he got her pregnant, I get this weird feeling and can't help but to shiver. It just seems so unreal.

And then of course, Reyna would tag Mikey in the comments. I can't believe how quickly she turned on me. In the blink of an eye, she was out to make my senior year a living nightmare. We've been friends for years and she does this to me. I don't get it, I really don't.

It seems like right now I only have one friend, Michael. I guess I could count Chance as a friend too since we're dating and getting really close.

But I miss Mikey. I miss the way things were before all this drama unfolded. We can't just let this bump in the road get between us; we've been friends since the first grade.

So tomorrow - no matter what happens - I'm going to make things right between us.

I need my best friend back.

(a/n: so sorry for the short chapter. trying to gather my ideas for this story. thanks so much for reading <3)