15.

•Alanna•

I gasp as I try to catch my breath. I basically had a mental breakdown right there in the girls bathroom. I sit on the floor by the sink, my legs pulled up to my chest.

There's a gentle knock on the door and I try to stop wheezing and crying.

"Lani?" I hear him call.

I shut my eyes tightly as the tears stream down my face.

The door cracks open and he checks inside to make sure I'm the only girl in the bathroom. When he sees that it's just me, he rushes over to me and kneels down, pulling me into his chest.

I stubbornly try to push him away, before giving up and sobbing into his sweatshirt.

"It's okay. I'm here and I'm sorry," Mikey sighs into my ear.

I continue to cry in his arms until I eventually calm down. He gently rubs my back, looking at me with concerned eyes.

"Alanna..." he starts and I shake my head, not wanting to talk. All of our secrets just got outed in the hallway and I wasn't ready to talk about it.

He sighs again but only pulls me closer as he runs his fingers through my hair, knowing that it always comforts me.

After a while longer, he mumbles, "I am sorry. I know you're hurting and you shouldn't have to go through this. But I'm here for you, always will be no matter what. Reyna was a bitch for doing that to you and Michael."

I wipe away the remaining tears and look up at him, "It's not your fault. Apparently it's mine. Everything is my fault."

He furrows his eyebrows and shakes his head, "No. Don't even say that, don't let her words get to you. Everything she said... - mostly everything she said was lies. She just wanted to hit you where it hurt."

"Why would she do that to me? I know we were on bad terms but she is one of my closest friends..." I wonder out loud.

"Friends don't do that to other friends. That was a lot of anger back there, and I'm pretty sure she was just waiting on the right moment to strike," he gives me a sad smile.

And deep down I know that he's right. That wasn't something that just happened in a spur of the moment. She was waiting to use this information against me. I've told her so much over the past few years... I'm just glad I was smart enough to not tell her everything. I've always known there was something about her that I couldn't fully trust.

"Mikey..." I know I have to talk to him about my feelings for him, because despite not wanting to... he definitely heard what Reyna said.

He looks into my eyes and bites his lip before looking away, "Yeah?"

"I'm sorry you had to find out that way..." he gives me a confused look, but I'm sure he knows exactly what I'm referring to.

He nods slowly, "I... I sort of knew already," he confesses.

My heart skips a beat, but not in a good way. The bad way where get this sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach. He knew.

I close my eyes and chuckle sadly to myself.

And then I feel his hand rest on my cheek, "I've always heard things about... you being in love with me. But I brushed it off saying 'if she really was, she'd tell me herself.' I need to hear it from you, Alanna. I need you to tell me."

I open my eyes again but I can feel myself start to panic, "I-I can't Mikey."

He tilts his head in confusion, "Why not? Do you not feel that way?"

Of course I do, I think to myself. So why can't I say it?

He sighs in frustration and pulls away from me, "We're late to class."

He stands up and I do the same, grabbing his hand, "Wait-"

I cover my face with my other hand, not ready for this. But I can't just let him walk away.

"It's true," I whisper, "I love you."

(a/n: oh yes. i wonder what will happen next 😈 sksksksksk

how do you feel?)