Chapter 13: Shattered

Luigi woke up feeling a tad depressed. He remembered that today was the day he had to face Daisy again. Luigi rolled around on his bed sighing, he felt almost sick to his stomach. "Luigi". Luigi sat up as he heard Mario knocking on the door. "Come in", Luigi groaned out. Mario walked in looking very energetic and happy. "Morning sleepy head, geez you look like you slept terribly", Mario said. Luigi looked over at a mirror in his room and stared at it. His hair was a mess and there were dark circles around his eyes. Luigi forgot that he didn't get much sleep because he was thinking about Daisy so much. "Rough night, I couldn't sleep I felt hot", Luigi replied. Luigi got up from his bed and held his stomach a bit. (uhhh, I don't feel that good). "You OK bro", Mario asked. Luigi nodded," yeah I'm ok, just a tad queasy". Mario smiled," OK, but if you're not feeling well then you don't have to go, I'll explain it to Toadsworth". "I'm OK, honest",Luigi said smiling. Mario patted his head and left. Luigi got up from his bed and headed to the bathroom and grabbed some pills for his stomach. Luigi held the two pills in his hand and stared at it. The longer he stared, the more he started to tremble. He began to think back to when he attempted to commit suicide. Out of fear Luigi placed the pills back in the bottle and put them away. "I-I'll get better on my own". As the day seemed to further progress Luigi started to feel so much better than he did earlier. However he did still feel sick when he thought about the party. Luigi pulled out of his closet some casual, yet fancy clothing. He put on a green button up shirt and dark black jeans. He would've wore dress pants like Mario, but his his jeans were more comfortable. "Luigi are you ready", Mario said peaking into his room. Luigi was just finishing combing his hair and turned to Mario. "Yeah".

-------------------
Luigi and Mario took their time when walking to the castle since Mario was still experiencing some pain. "We should've bought you medication just in case", Luigi said. Mario sighed and he rubbed his chest," I'll be fine I'll just sit down when we get there". As They approached the front entrance and walked in they could see it was fill with a couple hundred all here to celebrate Toadsworth's Birthday. "Woah its a lot of people here", Luigi said as they both walked in scanning the room. "And there are media outlets too, heh I guess its for people who couldn't make it", Mario replyed. As Luigi scanned the room his eyes locked and he began to feel nauseous and extremely nervous. He saw Daisy standing with Peach. "There they are", Mario said. Mario began to wave to get their attention, they both look over smiled waving back. As Daisy looked at Luigi her smile faded and after that she avoided eye contact with him. Luigi sighed and looked away. He could hear them both walking towards them. "Mario, Luigi", Peach said as she gave them both a hug. "Hello", Daisy said and she waved. "Hi Princesses, how's everything", Mario asked. "Its going great, Toadsworth with really enjoying himself, Peach smiled. "I'm just happy to finally be out of my castle so many things been going wrong", Daisy said. Luigi felt like Daisy wouldn't look at all not even for a second. "I'm finally happy to see you and Daisy together bro, its been forever", Mario said smiling. All Luigi could do is give a nervous laugh as he felt Daisy galre at him. "Peach let's go grab drink shall we", Mario said. Peach and Mario left hand in hand leaving Luigi and Daisy alone. "Well....hi Daisy", Luigi muttered out. "You didn't tell him we were through", Daisy asked. "No I, just....well...", Luigi said. "You have to move on luigi, there is no second chance, not after what you did at the restaurant a few months back", Daisy scolded. "Its wasn't my fault", Luigi said. "Then who's is it, because it sure enough wasn't mine", Daisy said. Luigi stared at Daisy, it felt like she stolen all the breath out of his body. Luigi began to become very irritated. "We're back you two", Mario said Handing Luigi and Daisy a drink. Everyone took small sips of their drinks. However, Luigi instead of sipping took huge gulps. The four of them sat at a table where they just chatted about everything that came to mind. Luigi would chime in, but he was so absorbed in drinking that he wouldn't even pay attention. Luigi made it to his seventh drink and was completely buzzed. Mario noticed that Luigi was drunk as well. "You look like you had way to much to drink bro", Mario whispered. Luigi scowled at Mario and swayed in his chair. "I-I don't gotta listen to yooou", Luigi said in a slur. Luigi began to get up and and giggle as he made his way to the bathroom. He was swaying back and forth and bumped into Toadsworth. "Oh Luigi", Toadsworth said. "Toooadsworth", Luigi dragged out. "This party is amaz *HIC* ing, oh my god. You should do this for your birthday", Luigi said rocking back and forth. Toadsworth smiled," It is my birthday, and I see you're having a good time". Luigi began to giggle and turned to walk back to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror and instantly got angry. "How can she not love me, I-Im a nice guy", Luigi said. Luigi had slipped another drink in the bathroom with him and downed it in one gulp. "She doesn't *hic* know how much I love her, her dumbass is missing out". Luigi walked out the bathroom and clumsily made his way back to the table and noticed no one was there. "Where they go", Luigi said scanning the room. He walked around until he found Daisy and the others. "Found you all", Luigi said. "Oh Luigi , are you feeling any better", Mario asked. Luigi nodded and have Daisy a bug hug. Daisy was feeling a tad uncomfortable so she pushed him back. "What was that for", Luigi asked in an irritated voice. "You reak of alcohol", Daisy said. Before they knew it, Daisy and Luigi were going back and forth grabbing a bit of attention. "What's going on you two", Mario asked. "Yeah you guys been acting like this for a while", Peach added. "Because she, doesn't appreciate my love for her", Luigi yelled. "Keep you're voice down you're causing a scene, again", Daisy said. "Oh I'm sorry am I embarrassing you princess *hic*", Luigi yelled. Luigi get a tad closer to Daisy as they yelled. "This is it, this is why we're done, you get so clingy almost like a leach and I need space", Daisy said. Luigi moved closer to Daisy face and yelled you the top of his lungs," IS THIS ENOUGH SPACE FOR YOU". "LUIGI", Mario yelled off the side. In a blink the room filled with the sound of skin on skin contact. Luigi stumbled back as he felt his face. Luigi was stunned still standing close to daisy. Luigi felt a knot in his stomach, shortly after Luigi began to vomit. The constant drinking and yelling got to Luigi, and vomit got onto Daisy dress and shoes. Daisy screamed and back up and Luigi continued to vomit. Peach ran up to Daisy and and walked with her out the party while Daisy was sobbing. Luigi fell on his knees and covered his mouth, he could see out the corner of his eyes millions of eyes and lenses staring at him judging him, snapping pictures, some laughing at him. He peaked at Mario and saw nothing but worry and disgust plastered on his face. "What's wrong with me", Luigi said as he covered his face. Mario helped his brother up as he continued to cover his face. They both ran out the castle as fast as they could. Luigi was still a tad intoxicated so Mario sat Luigi down under a tree. "Luigi, what the hell happened". Luigi didn't look at Mario, but he could feel his eyes tearing away at his soul. He could hear how angry Mario was. "answer me!", Mario snapped. Luigi still looking away couldn't mutter a word. Mario sighed in frustration as he picked Luigi back up to continue him. "I can't believe you", Mario mumbled.