Chapter 14: No Purpose

Luigi slowly opened his eyes, his head felt like it was being smashed with a hammer. Sitting up slowly he noticed that he was in the living room. He looked at himself and saw that he was also in his clothes from the party. (The Party). Luigi thought back to the party. All the eyes watching him, taking photos,laughing, but worst of all how angry Mario was with him. (Daisy). He couldn't believe that he ended up yelling at her almost threating her, and how he vomited on her. He got up and heard snoring coming from Mario's room. (I better not wake him). Luigi went into his room and changed into gym shorts and a plan green shirt. He decided to go for a quick walk to think about what he's done. He walked out his house and walked to the path to the secluded forest. He walked and walked just to feel more and more terrible. "Daisy has every right to be mad at me, I'm not worth love", he sighed. As he walked he noticed people talking on the other side of a bush, they seemed to be talking about yesterdays event.

"Oh my did you see that report yesterday",
"Yes I did, how could someone treat a princess like that"
"I know, I also found out that he's Mario's Brother"
"My word, I would be ashamed to have a brother like that"
"Honestly, I'm more disappointed that Mario even let him out the house".

The two voices got further and further away and Luigi decided to turn back and go home. It seemed that what happened last night got around everywhere. As luigi made it home, there was a small package left on the door step. "What's this", Luigi said picking it up. It was a rectangular small box with his name crudely written on it. Hr brought the package in and saw Mario sitting on the couch watching the news. "The report was all about Luigi and the commentators were such rude things about Luigi. But they then started talking down on Mario and how he allowed that to happen, how is he related to a mess of a brother. Mario looked back and quickly flicked to another channel and turned back. "I have to go apologize to Peach, Daisy, and Toadsworth today for you, so don't go anywhere because I want to talk to you later", Mario said. Luigi noticed that Mario wasn't even looking at him. Without a word Luigi walked to his room and shut the door locking it. He sat the package at his desk and examined it. "From....the people of Sarasaland....". Luigi gulped and open the package. The package contained dozens of letters addressed to Luigi. Luigi picked up one and began to read it. He froze, and began trembling his blood going cold. These weren't just letters, they were all death threats. Each once saying to stay away from their Princess or they will take his life, or why not take your own life. Luigi closed the box and slid it under his bed.
He felt sick to his stomach, almost as if a dark hole was growing within him. Luigi walked out his room and saw Mario wasn't there anymore, he sat on the couch and flicked on the TV, but it seemed all of them were talking badly about him. Luigis chest started to hurt, the hate he was receiving started to feel like a knife stabbing him in the chest. As Luigi sulked he heard a knock at the door. Luigi got up and opened the door, he noticed another box sitting on the doorstep with fancy wrapping paper. "Maybe their fancy death threats", Luigi said. He picked up the box and read where it was from. "From...Bowser!?". Luigi quickly Went inside and into his room. He opened the package to see it was filled with sweets. "This looks tasty", Luigi said. There was a note inside and Luigi read it.

~I thought you might need something to cheer you up ~

                        ~ Bowser ~

Luigi smiled, this moment became a highlight of his day. He felt His heart flutter a bit , Bowser is such a good friend. Luigi left the box and the note on his desk and walked out the room. As he walked out Mario was coming in. Luigi's happy mood instantly turned sour. Mario and Luigi made eye contact and Luigi could read on Mario's face that he was extremely irritated. "Sit", Mario demanded. Luigi quickly sat in a chair opposite from Mario. He felt Mario's eyes burning him as they sat across from each other. There was a moment of silence that filled the room and Mario just stared at Luigi. Luigi had to look away because he could base to look at him. "So...explain to me why the hell you were acting like that", Mario ask. Luigi trembled a bit and he tried his hardest to built the courage to tell Mario. "I...I was drunk Mario", Luigi said. "Nononono, Luigi don't do that, I've seen you drunk before, you never acted like this", Mario said firmly. Luigi sighed he didn't wasn't to believe it, as much as he wanted him and Daisy to be together again, it was never going to happen. "Luigi, tell me the truth, yes I'm upset with you, but I want to know what's wrong", Mario said. "Daisy and I broke up a few months ago and I was upset", Luigi said. Its was quiet once again Luigi began to tear up a bit. "Luigi, stop with the crocodile tears, I understand that you and Daisy broke up, to be honest I knew you two broke up", Mario said. Luigi looked up at Mario. "You made it obvious that you and Daisy were going through something, the reason I didn't ask a while ago is because I wanted you to tell me", Mario Added. Luigi sighed," I didn't mean to get that drunk". "I know Luigi, but I want you to stay home for a while... Until all the news about you dies down". Luigi Nodded and sighed, he was now trapped in his own home. Sometimes he felt that Mario treated him more like a child than a brother. "Now What would you like for dinner", I'll make what every you like. Luigi looked at Mario and smiled," I love your spaghetti". Mario nodded and got up to start preparing dinner. Luigi walked back to his room to calm his nerves. Luigi glanced under his bed and was heart broken by the death threats that were sent to him, but looking back at his desk made him happy. "Bowser is such a nice guy", Luigi said as he blushed.