Chapter 35: Rule With Me

Mario made it to Bowser's castle and watched as the door opened. Bowser walked out of his castle and stared Mario down. It seems that when Mario shows up he's always ready to fight. "I took the tape recorder and played it for Peach", Mario said. Bowser raised a brow and waited for the reaction it caused. "It worked, Toadsworth is going to be behind bars for a while", Mario said. Bowser smiled," Good". Although Bowser had such a rough exterior, he was extremely happy on the inside. "And I think you should know that Luigi...is awake". Bowser's eyes sparkled, his heart swelled with joy that he tried not to cry but he couldn't keep it in. Bowser was extremely embarrassed crying in front of Mario that he turned around. "I want to see him", Bowser demanded. "I don't think I'll be able to-". "I don't care I want to see him!", Bowser yelled. Mario sighed, He knew Peach would be extremely upset if Bowser was in her kingdom, but he knew Luigi would be upset that Bowser didn't come to see him.

----------------------------

Luigi sat up in his bed staring out the window. The snow coated everything in sight with its beauty. "It looks so cold out, especially for November". Luigi sighed and thought about everything that had happened to him this past. "I want to be better", he mumbled. Luigi heard his door open and saw Peach walk in. "Peach", Luigi said. She smiled and ran to give him a warm hug," I'm so happy to see that you're okay". She took a seat next to Luigi and they began to chat. Luigi was a tad nervous since he knew he was still a 'Criminal'. "Hey can I ask you something", Luigi said. "Sure", she replied. "Am I going to prison after I heal?", He asked. Peach gave a soft smile, but Luigi could feel the sadness behind it, "No, your name has been cleaned, Toadsworth...He confessed to his crimes". Luigi gave a sigh of relief and felt very upset," How are you feeling". Peach fell silent and sighed, "I mean I'm not happy, After my parents passed Toadsworth really was like a father to me, and to see this happen really broke me". "I'm sorry this had to happen", Luigi said. She smiled," Don't worry I'll be fine as the princess I have to stay strong even in the darkest moments". A Toad barged in the door and he looked at peach frantically. "Princess there's an emergency!". Peach raised a brow," What's wrong?". "Some guards just saw Mario with Bowser entering the hospital, we must get you to safety before-". Before the Toad could finish Mario and Bowser showed up behind him. "Mario, Bowser, What's going on?", She asked. The Toad quickly ran in front of Peach to protect her from Bowser trembling. Bowser made eye contact with Luigi and smiled. He took a few steps closer which made the Toad tremble more. "Don't take any more steps closer", The Toad demanded. Bowser sighed and rolled his eyes, he crouched down in front of the Toad and gave him a toothy grin. "Booo", Bowser said. Mario and Peach watched as all the color flushed from his skin as he passed out. "Some security you have the princess, I expected better from you", Bowser said jokingly. Peach rolled her eyes," Why are you here". Bowser smiled at Luigi again," To see someone special to me". Bowser walked around Peach to Luigi. "How are you doing", he asked. "I'm doing great though my Body does hurt a little bit when I move around", Luigi said With a chuckle. Bowser smiled softened as tears started to fall. "I'm so happy you're alive", Bowser said. Luigi used all the strength he could to wipe away Bowser's tears. "It's ok Bowser". "I feel horrible, I always thought that no one loved me and everyone was against me, but then I realized I forgot about you. You were always there for me when I was at the darkest points of my life, and I thank you for that". At that moment Both Bowser and Luigi started to tear up. As Peach watch, she was amazed at how gentle of a person Bowser was and it warmed her heart. Mario also stood trying to hold in his tears, he was so happy to see his brother happy. Bowser looked at Luigi," I have to ask you something, and I want your honest opinion", Bowser asked. Luigi's eyes glittered as they stared deep into Bowser deep crimson eyes. "Please will you, live with me", he asked. Luigi's face turned red, his life wanted him to move in with him. "You want me to live with you", Luigi asked. Bowser nodded and held Luigi's hands," Please, I want to be there to keep you happy and to protect you from anyone that tries to harm you, I'll even make you King alongside me. We can rule 'Our' land together". Luigi thought for a moment, he knew Mario was in the room and was embarrassed to think of what Mario would say. Luigi took a glance at Mario and their eyes met. At first, Mario had a sad disappointed look on his face, but that soon changed into a warm heartfelt smile along with a nod. Luigi looked back at Bowser and smiled," Yes, I'll live with you". Bowser was so happy he gave Luigi A very tight hug. "Babe too tight", Luigi squirmed. "Oops sorry". As the broke apart Peach began to speak. "Well then Luigi, since you're going to be living in Bowser's kingdom, you're always welcome to come back for a visit". Luigi nodded. The pain Luigi use to feel was gone there were 3 people in that room he really cared for and it was very heartwarming to him. He was no longer blind to the love that he was receiving.

---------------------------

"Toadsworth was sent to prison, it won't be long until you're sent Kamek hehe", Wario chuckled. Kamek was fuming he couldn't believe the old man. "Your Boss is going to kill me when he finds out about this", Kamek yelled. "Oh relax you'll be fine as long as you don't get caught, Toadsworth still managed to get followers for my Boss. "Why does your Boss want to take over the kingdoms so badly", Kamek asked. "Beats me when he talks I time him out, I just do whatever I'm paid to do, but I do know that that Green fellow might ruin everything", Wario grumbled. "you're right, he could be the one that joins both kingdoms in harmony and that must not happen". "Make sure he doesn't the Boss might not want you to lead by his side hehe", Wario spat. "Why don't you want to rule with us", Kamek asked. "Because I don't want a fucking kingdom, I just want a shit ton of Mula", Wario said rubbing his hands together. "Now you might have to dispose of Toadsworth if he speaks the Bosses name", Kamek smirked. "Don't worry I'll make sure he doesn't talk so I don't have to get my hands dirty".