Chapter 40: I Should Rule

Luigi slowly opened his eyes. He was laying down on the floor still tied up. Luigi saw some glass broken by him and managed to grab some to slowly cut the rope. The roped snapped undone and Luigi slowly stood up dazed as he peeled the tape of his mouth. Luigi made his way slowly up and out of Waluigi's basement and out the front door. "I...need to warn the others". Luigi coughed up a bit of blood falling to his knees. "I...I need to be strong".

---------------------------

Mario sat in his room wondering where Luigi was. "I have to find him". He hasn't heard from his brother for a couple of hours which wasn't like him. As Mario sat up he heard a sound coming from his living room. It sounded like a pot fell off the rack in the kitchen. "What was that". Mario slowly crept to his door and peeked out. "Hello" he looked around to see that there was a paper on the ground in the kitchen. "Surely that wasn't heavy enough to make a sound". He walked up to the paper and noticed something was written on it. "I...shall rise".

--------------------------

Luigi made it to the mushroom kingdom where he searched high and low for anyone there. As he made it to the top floor he heard a scream. Luigi ran toward the scream and saw Daisy on the floor with a cut on her face. "Waluigi!", He yelled. Waluigi seemed to panic and he ran for Bowser Jr. wrapping his arm around his neck while pointing a knife to Luigi. Bowser Jr began crying, crying for his dad. "Papa!', Jr. Screamed. "Shut up", Waluigi said as he as got tighter around his neck causing him to gag. Luigi slowly tried to get closer. "Don't get any closer!", Waluigi yelled as he pointed the knife to Jr's neck. "I'll slit his throat". Luigi started to inch slowly to him trying to calm Waluigi down. "Listen...you don't want to hurt him. You want to hurt me don't you". Waluigi was trembling not noticing how close Luigi had gotten to him. "Waluigi you don't have to do this, you matter to is you are our friend". Waluigi smiled but malice was laced on his lips. "You're right...I wanna hurt you. And I'll do that by hurting the ones you truly love". Waluigi threw Jr. at Luigi and ran off. Luigi held Jr as he cradles and rocks him to get him to relax. "It's ok, it's ok I'm here". Jr still crying held onto Luigi," I was so scared, Papa Luigi". "It's ok, please I need you to be a big boy and watch after Daisy while I find your dad ok". Luigi put him down and he nodded. Daisy had got up looking very lost. "What's wrong", Luigi asked. "I'm sorry I could've done a better job to protect Jr.", She said. Luigi held her shoulder," It's ok you tried your best, but now I need to to be strong, the fate of both our kingdoms is at stake. She nodded and smiled," You changed a lot". Luigi blushed and smiled as Daisy thought for a moment. "Luigi you need to go home". "What's wrong". "Before Waluigi attacked us he asked where Mario was, you need to get there before he does". Luigi nodded and ran for the door. Daisy held Bowser Jr. as she watched Luigi leave. "And Luigi", She added. Luigi looked back at Daisy. "Don't die", she said. Luigi chuckled giving her a bright smile," I was kidnapped, I almost died a few times by my own hands, and I survived jumping off and cliff, and I'm standing perfectly healthy in front of you". She smiled back as he left the room.

As Luigi left and ran down the hallway he noticed a blood trail. "Who's blood is this". He slowly began to follow it and felt his heart sink when he found the source. "BOWSER". Luigi ran to Bowser who had several stab wounds. He noticed that he was zoning in and out as he held his stomach with a large slash wound. "L-Luigi", Bowser let out. "H..., he'll pay for this. I....". Luigi began to tear up Bowser took his hand and wiped his tears. "Don't worry....these stab wounds aren't anything, I'll be fine". Bowser stood up still leaning on the wall. "I have to save Mario and stop Waluigi". "I'll take care of things here ok". Bowser and Luigi gave each other a warm passionate kiss before Luigi ran off. As Luigi walked out chaos broke out into the mushroom kingdom as fires and explosions were everywhere. "I need to find Waluigi and fast before this kingdom becomes ruins.

Luigi made his way to his front door and saw the door cracked open. He slowly walked in with caution making sure it wasn't a trap. As he looked towards his kitchen, he could see a hand on the floor. He gulped down his fear and walked towards the kitchen, his heartbeat picking up speed.  He stood by the door frame bracing himself for what he was going to see. As he slowly peeked in his jaw dropped and he felt his heart began to race out of his chest. Mario was sprawled out on the floor with a knife lodged deep in his stomach laying in a pool of his own blood. "M-Mario...." He ran to his brother's side to see if he was still alive. His pulse was faint and he slowly began to open his eyes. "L-Luigi..." Luigi watched in panic as Mario's eyes shot open wider and focused passed him. Luigi felt someone behind him and fear rushed up to his spine. "Nice of you to join us"

---------------------------

"Your need for power is getting out of control", Wario said. "What is going on with you-you're not the same anymore, I'm calling this operation all off, I will not tolerate being bossed around by the likes of you". Waluigi felt rage build up in his body he had it. "When did you stop loving me", Waluigi asked. Wario sighed and walked getting closer to his face. "You can't stop something that's never started". Waluigi felt his heart sink. "I thought this whole plot was to get rich, but no it's just so you can rule. Who the hell wants to do that. The more I thought about it the more I realized how stupid you are". Waluigi had tears falling down his face. "But...but". "But what, Waluigi sometimes people just are MENT to be alone. I hate how you always go around saying you love me and I love you". "We're...married". "No we're not you forced me to do that, you made me think it was a joke you manipulative bastard". Waluigi felt his head begin to sound as his thoughts twirl in his head. "I should've left you to starve on the street where you belong, you've done nothing but cling onto me like a leach. You follow me everywhere I go, know every breath I take. I just want you to get the hell away from me you worthless Bitch". Wario turned around and started to walk away. "I want you out of my house", Wario said. "No...". Wario turned red with rage, "What-". Wario turned around and felt a Sharp pain enter his stomach. The pain was so unbearable that he couldn't speak. Wario stared at Waluigi who had a wide grin on his face. "If I can't have you love me then why have you alive". He shoved him on the ground and started to stab him over and over on every inch of his body. "I will rule my Empire... EVERYONE WILL LOVE ME".