SEVEN

When Taeyong enters through his front door, he is overwhelmed by the smell of ramyeon, dirty laundry, and trash. The smell isn't unfamiliar, but the unusual strength of it makes Taeyong scrunch his nose.

"Sungyeol, I'm home." He walks to the living room where he sees his roommate lying on the worn-out couch. Sungyeol's mother was renovating her own home, so she gave the old couch to her son and his roommate to use. Taeyong raises an eyebrow when he sees potato chip crumbs on Sungyeol's chest along with a tub of ice cream he was actively eating. "Yoo Sungyeol. You're disgusting."

Sungyeol's eyes don't stray from the TV (also given by his mother). He stares intently at the romance drama that's playing. "As if we haven't lived like this, like, forever now. Did you get my text before coming back?"

Taeyong reaches into his pocket to check his phone. He hadn't checked his phone after he went out to meet Doyoung.

          Sungyeol's phone rings when it gets the notification from Taeyong's late reply

Sungyeol's phone rings when it gets the notification from Taeyong's late reply. He opens his phone and when he sees the text, he groans and shuts his eyes. "Awh man!" He then opens his eyes to glare at Taeyong. "Why didn't you check your phone earlier?" he whines. He glances at Taeyong's old Android phone. "And why do you still have that crusty piece of shit? Looks like 2011 trash."

Taeyong rolls his eyes. "It's actually 2012 trash. And it's the only phone I could afford." He sits down next to Sungyeol on the couch. Sungyeol sits up to face Taeyong. "Shouldn't you be studying?"

The word "studying" makes Sungyeol look sick. He groans again. "Please. It's break. Bother me when the semester starts."

"Alright." Taeyong nods to himself. "Take your break. I'm going to clean up. This is disgusting." Sungyeol lets out a fart at the word "disgusting." He starts cackling, and Taeyong hits him with a pillow on the couch. "Disgusting," he emphasizes as Sungyeol rolls off the couch from laughing.

Sungyeol continues to laugh for five minutes before getting up to help Taeyong clean. After filling up three bags with trash, vacuuming all the rooms, doing the laundry, making beds, and wiping down tables and counter-tops, the two roommates flop down on the couch in exhaustion.

"Man," Sungyeol wheezes out. "That took us two hours." Taeyong checks his phone and sees that it's true.

"It probably would have taken less time if you didn't help me." Taeyong leans back and breathes in. The air smells more like disinfectant wipes now, but it's better than the old ramyeon smell.

"Why do you look down on me so much?" Sungyeol says with dissatisfaction. "I mean, I know that I'm like five years younger than you, and I've failed my practice bar exam like three times-"

"Three times isn't even that much. I'll seriously look down on you when you reach thirty. And stop practicing when you haven't even gone to law school yet." Taeyong chuckles a bit at his roommate's counterproductive actions.

"Hey now," Sungyeol starts threateningly. Before he can continue, the sound of a notification from Taeyong's phone interrupts him.

Taeyong opens his phone to check a text.

          Taeyong immediately understands who the sender is

Taeyong immediately understands who the sender is. After excitedly saving the contact information (he searched online for a picture of Doyoung), he hurriedly replies, making typos as he does so.

 After excitedly saving the contact information (he searched online for a picture of Doyoung), he hurriedly replies, making typos as he does so

Doyoung does not reply after that, but Taeyong trembles with giddiness. Sungyeol doesn't understand why Taeyong is smiling so much, but he shrugs it aside.

Tonight, Taeyong plans on melting the stone-cold director of Skyline.