TEN

Doyoung runs along the sidewalk next to the river, searching for a man with bright red hair and who dresses like he's homeless. Doyoung is carrying his umbrella, but he's running so fast that the umbrella stays behind him from the wind, and the hard pellets of rain land on him instead.

Hopefully, he's not here, Doyoung thinks to himself. He should have left by now. But his gut tells him that Taeyong is still here.

After running and looking a bit more, he finally spots a man sitting on a bench. His hair now looks mahogany as it drips wet against his forehead. He's slumped over as the rain beats down on him.

Doyoung runs over and puts the umbrella over Taeyong right away. "What are you doing here?" Doyoung asks, his voice filled with anxiousness and worry. "What's wrong with you?"

Taeyong looks up and even though he is shivering from the rain, he gives a warm smile. "You came. I knew you would. Just like how you knew I would be here."

"Are you joking right now?" Doyoung is almost yelling. His eyes widen, and he glares at Taeyong. "What, are you a comedian?"

Instead of replying, Taeyong lets out a laugh. "I think you're the comedian here." He glances at Doyoung and notices he is slightly wet, but he doesn't comment on it. "Anyways, now that you're here, let's go." He gets up and stands next to Doyoung under the umbrella.

"Go where? You're drenched!" Doyoung bites his lip in frustration. "And you're obviously very cold." Taeyong is wearing only a hoodie with sweatpants, but both are soaked from the rain.

"You talk too much," Taeyong says, grabbing the umbrella from Doyoung. With his other hand, he grabs Doyoung's hand. It's warm unlike Taeyong's. He starts to pull Doyoung, and they walk in silence to a convenience store.

When they get inside, Doyoung immediately forces Taeyong to sit on the chair facing the counter on the store window. It reminds him of a low-budget version of the bar where he and Taeyong first met. "Wait here," Doyoung says firmly. When Taeyong doesn't respond, he leaves him there and looks throughout the store. When he finds the hand warmers, he grabs every single one on the shelf. He also spots a small towel and takes that as well. When he goes over to pay, he realizes that he's been acting without thinking.

Doyoung hesitates walking over to Taeyong, but he does so anyway and gives him the towel and hand warmers. "Wow. Thoughtful," Taeyong says as he immediately makes use of the things Doyoung got for him. "As much as I appreciate this, this isn't why I brought you here."

"Do you not check the weather? Why did you wait in the rain?" Doyoung's voice is firm, but there's a hint of worry in it that only Taeyong notices.

"Actually, I didn't check the weather. I didn't know it would rain." Taeyong stuffs some of the hand warmers into his hoodie and then continues to talk. "Anyways, that didn't go as I planned. But now that we're here..." Taeyong leans closer to Doyoung who instinctively leans away. "Have you ever eaten ramyeon?"

Doyoung blinks. "Wha-"

"Of course you haven't." Taeyong rolls his eyes but also smiles to himself. "I bet you don't even know what ramyeon is." Before Doyoung could protest, "Yes, I very much do know what ramyeon is," Taeyong gets up and leaves Doyoung sitting at the counter bar. He heads over to the ramyeon aisle and grabs two bowls of spicy ramyeon. He goes to pay, but the store clerk talks before scanning the bowls.

"You know we have a deal going on. If you can finish it before the current best record from all the customers, you can eat it for free."

Taeyong grins. "Perfect. I'll put water in it first. I'll call you over when we eat it so you can time us."