THIRTEEN

The drive home is eerily quiet in a sense that is completely uncomfortable. The back of Doyoung's neck feels cold as if a breeze is constantly tickling the small hairs there. The awkward feeling of not being able to control everything is back, and Doyoung cannot seem to shake it off.

He cannot believe that two out-of-the-ordinary things happened today. The first being, he threw everything aside to go see Taeyong. The thought of it washes over him as he stops at a red light, and the embarrassment causes him to hide his head on the steering wheel, leading the horn to blow as he does so.

Doyoung jerks up, even more self-conscious. He shakes his head and tries to control his breathing as if it will make everything normal again.

What is going on?

The second thing he's done that he categorically deplores over is that he voluntarily held Taeyong's hand and watched him eat ramyeon in the most disgusting manner possible. The thought makes Doyoung shiver as the light turns green, and he continues to drive.

The past few days of knowing Taeyong has turned Doyoung's life upside down in ways Doyoung didn't know was possible. It's as if Taeyong is ripping up a hard copy of Doyoung's perfectly set schedules, line by line, right in front of his face.

But as uncomfortable as it is, there's a slight thrill that Doyoung hasn't felt in a long time. It's the same as when his mother took him on the Viking ship at an amusement park, and he would scream in both fear and delight as the ship went down. Then his stomach would do that weird feeling of turning itself inside out. He had loved it then, but he finds himself hating it now.

To shake off the sudden reappearing memories, Doyoung turns on the news radio. He listens to ads about soap and sponsorships as the rain lightly beats down around him.

"Tryouts are coming soon for your local SBS news station! As long as you have experience in broadcast, journalism, or mass communications, feel free to come in with your resume. Dates and times will be listed soon on our website."

Suddenly, Doyoung has an idea.