EIGHTEEN

Taeyong sits and watches outside after Heiran leaves. He finishes his drink; he doesn't usually have the luxury of buying high-quality coffee. He watches people walk and thinks of how interesting it is that each person is out there, doing their own thing. He watches the cars drive by and thinks of how there's so many, yet each person inside is driving to their own unique destination, with a goal specific to themselves.

After he finishes, Taeyong goes outside and walks around. The sky is bright blue with dashes of white. The air bites his nose, leaving it frigid and stiff in a way that's enjoyable since the rest of him feels so warm. Taeyong purposely breathes with his mouth, watching the air come out in gentle masses.

Somehow, being like this feels good. Just good. There are no worries about paying the bills or finding a better job or doing the laundry. Taeyong thinks to himself that the ideal heaven would be just walking outside all day in beautiful scenery.

"Oh, but there would be dogs too," he says to himself, slightly chuckling.

When his phone rings, it's reality again, and the thought of dogs and blue skies disappear to the back of his mind. Taeyong answers the call, already grinning to himself.

"Missed me?"

"I'm going to hang up."

"No, you're not. You called me for a reason. You wouldn't hang up right now. You should stop being such an embodiment of a tsundere... Wait, you're more of a kuudere."

The sigh that Doyoung gives out is audible through the phone. "What are you talking about? I don't speak Chinese. Anyways, I called because-"

Taeyong almost screams. "What did you say? My weeb self is insulted."

"What does that mean? Does that mean stupid? Because you're stupid."

Taeyong can't help but shrug because Doyoung is not wrong, but he shakes it off. "Okay, I'll introduce you to the world of Naruto and hentai later. So why did you call?"

"Why did you visit me earlier?"

"Oh." Taeyong reaches a crosswalk. He pauses for a bit and continues to walk before replying. "Well... I was wondering if you would help me prepare for my tryouts. I already have a resume and stuff, but I meant maybe you can practice interviewing me. Oh, you could also-"

"The first thing we need to do is fix your ridiculous hair. Send me your location. I'm on my way."