FIFTEEN

The air outside is slightly chilly, and there's a biting breeze. But the sunlight somehow counters the cold to make the environment pleasing. Taeyong comfortably walks past the array of trees to the Skyline company building. He had texted Doyoung to meet him outside when he can.

Taeyong sits down on a bench near the entrance and watches two birds flit around at the branches of a bare tree. He feels calm yet excited, a feeling of joy he hasn't experienced in a while.

As he basks in his own comfort, he suddenly sees a girl in front of him. "Hi, do you mind if I sit down next to you?" she asks, offering a smile.

Immediately, Taeyong sits up straight. She's really pretty. "Uhhhh. Uhhh. Uhmm. Uhhh. No," he stammers out.

"Thank you," she says as she sits down.

Taeyong suddenly feels much more conscious of himself. All he's wearing is a pair of joggers, an old sweatshirt, and a coat over it. The girl next to him seems to have the luxury of being able to buy high-quality clothes, judging from her black heeled boots, alligator skin bag, and beige overcoat. She wears a red, wool scarf around her neck, and Taeyong thinks it's kind of cute how her chin is slightly tucked into it.

"Nice weather we're having," he says, staring at the trees as he tries to avoid eye contact.

The girl laughs. Her laugh is pretty too. It reminds Taeyong of the tinkling of a wind chime or the scattering of flower petals during spring. "It's a bit cold. But it's definitely a nice kind of a day."

At this moment, the girl's eyes brighten and she stands up. "Doyoung!"

Taeyong looks to see who she's noticed, and it is indeed the same Doyoung as his.

Doyoung looks at both of them, and he closes his eyes. "This can't be real," he says to himself. He opens his eyes and sighs. "It's real."

Taeyong also stands up and smiles. "Something wrong, buddy?"

Heiran glances at Taeyong. "You two know each other! What a coincidence! No, this must be fate!"

The two of them smile at each other eagerly as Doyoung tries to hold back his tears. "I think it's just bad luck." His heart pounds against his chest, and the breeze doesn't feel so cold anymore. The unlikely chance of the two most annoying people he knows meeting each other actually occurred, and they've already begun to hit it off.

"Anyways, we're going wedding dress shopping," Heiran says. "That's why I called you." She glances at Taeyong. "Unless you had plans with him?"

Taeyong shrugs. Then he realizes what he's just heard. "Huh? Wait, what?" Taeyong shakes his head. "Nevermind." His heart feels heavy, and he realizes why. "You're getting married?" he says to Heiran. "To him?" He points to Doyoung.

At this point, Doyoung wants to yell. "No!" he says. "I would never marry Heiran!"

Heiran scoffs in reply. "As if I would ever marry you."

"Then... Doyoung is getting a wedding dress?" Taeyong asks hopefully. He's barely gotten an opportunity to even introduce himself to the nice lady.

"What? No!" Doyoung throws his hands up in exasperation. "You had something to tell me, right?"

Taeyong shakes his head. "No. Forget about it." He sighs to himself. He's more upset than he thought. He found out that the pretty girl is getting married before even finding out her name. "I never stood a chance," he murmurs to himself. "Anyways, I'll see you later!" He waves at Heiran and Doyoung before skipping off.