SIXTY THREE

Kissing Kim Doyoung is insane.

Taeyong's mind goes blank. He cannot think of anything no matter how hard he tries. Time stops, and his heartbeat intensifies. All he can do is feel: he can feel Doyoung's gentle hand on his shoulder, and he can feel Doyoung's soft lips on his. There is something about the way Doyoung kisses him; although Doyoung holds Taeyong so mildly, the latter feels pulled in to the point that he cannot escape. It must be his dominating aura. Doyoung may be tender, but his entire character entices Taeyong in and holds him tight, refusing to let go.

Heat rises in Taeyong's stomach, and he closes his eyes, leaning into Doyoung. He can smell the rain, yet his entire body is warm as if the sun radiates upon him. His fingers unconsciously find themselves clinging to Doyoung's sleeves, and his toes curl from the emotion in his veins.

Doyoung's lips are absolutely hypnotizing. Although they aren't necessarily aggressive or hungry, they are much more powerful than that. The smallest of actions are already like a vast storm, making Taeyong's stomach tumble in waves. Doyoung's lips are gently assertive, making Taeyong crumble from the feeling itself.

The rain continues to pour around them. As Taeyong's mouth parts open the slightest bit, he thinks that this is too perfect. Kissing Doyoung is like watching the summer rain; you'd expect it to be cold, but you're so drawn to it that you can't help but sink into its alluring warmth. It's as if the scene has been specifically set for Doyoung, the ambiance so enigmatic yet captivating like himself. Doyoung presses into Taeyong's mouth like an artist's brush painting a canvas.

Taeyong thinks that Doyoung's lips taste much too good, and he finds it difficult to incline away. He finds himself only wanting more. His arms manage to wrap around Doyoung's neck, a prison that he doesn't want Doyoung to leave. His heart swells to the point that it might burst, and the sensations of glee wrap around his body.

All the while, Doyoung thinks that kissing Taeyong is like kissing a dog.

Doyoung manages to slowly lean away. Taeyong's eyelids flutter open, and his mouth stays carelessly parted as if he's in shock from what just happened. "Woah," Taeyong whispers hoarsely. "Woahhhhh."

"You're not that great at kissing," Doyoung bluntly says, smiling to himself as he does so.

"Way to ruin the mood." Taeyong's eyebrows furrow together from both embarrassment and disappointment. That ended much quicker than he would have liked it to. "Why has everyone I've ever dated said that, though?" Taeyong murmurs to himself.

This makes Doyoung laugh. "Well, we can work on it. Practice makes perfect."

When did he become such a flirt? Taeyong thinks in astonishment. He cups Doyoung's face and gives him a quick, mild kiss, hoping it will hide the sight of his burning cheeks. "You're scaring me," he says after letting Doyoung go. "This is way scarier than when you were devoid of emotions."

"It's your fault." Doyoung stands up and holds out his hand for Taeyong. "Let's go now."

Taeyong takes Doyoung's hand. They walk together under the umbrella and pouring rain.

The month of June has started a lot more passionately than Taeyong had thought it would.

. . .

"What do you look so happy for? I guess things are good with Taeyong now?" Once again, Jiyeon hits the nail on its head as soon as Doyoung arrives home. She is sitting on the sofa with the TV on, but she doesn't seem to be watching anything. A glass of wine sits on the coffee table in front of her.

Doyoung groans and plops down on the sofa next to his friend. "Can you hurry up and move out? You're getting more exhausting by the day." He glances at the wine and feels a bit bad for leaving Jiyeon alone all the time.

Jiyeon scoffs. "Sisters before misters, dude. Kicking out your helpless friend so you can bring your boyfriend home? Not cool." She grabs her drink and elegantly takes a sip as if she is filming a luxurious commercial.

The response makes Doyoung's cheeks blaze. "You are the most annoying person I know. And everyone I know is annoying, some way or another."

"Today is a chicken and beer kind of day," Jiyeon continues, ignoring Doyoung's statements of misery. "Rain and all. Hurry up, and take a shower. I ordered the food a while ago." She drowns the wine in one go and holds the glass out to Doyoung as if she expects him to take it for her.

Doyoung shakes his head, but he stands up and obediently listens.

. . .

Things have never felt so good. Doyoung had initially thought that just being with Taeyong, like from the beginning, would be enough. But nowadays, he understands Taeyong's prior frustration. His heart never quite settles in his chest. It always seems to flutter about, like cherry blossom petals dancing towards the ground after a sweet breeze blows.

Today is not too different.

It's a walk in the park, this time. The trees offer momentary, forgiving shade from the harsh sunlight. With the heat becoming stronger, Taeyong has been dressing a bit more sloppily. The top buttons of his shirt are never closed, and his sleeves are always rolled up to his elbows. Doyoung, on the contrary, looks neat as ever, having just switched to a lighter material for his clothing. The pair appear awkwardly fitting to onlookers as they walk side by side, drinking iced coffee.

"When does your lunch break end?" Doyoung asks, glancing at Taeyong.

"Whenever I feel like it." Taeyong shrugs. He winces a bit. Another headache has come about and recently, they've been occurring more frequently. He had shrugged it aside, blaming the summer heat and intensiveness of his recent work.

But Doyoung does not fail to miss the small action, and it makes him worried. "Are you alright?"

"Migraine." Taeyong shrugs again. "Nothing a good ol' Advil can't fix."

"You should see a doctor. Get a prescription for something that might help more."

"Oh, actually, I haven't seen one in the longest of times! I want to get new glasses too, heh. Maybe contacts." Taeyong turns his face toward Doyoung and leans in close. "What do you think? What would I look better in?" He grins playfully.

Doyoung inclines back. "Either is fine."

Taeyong does not concede, going in further to give Doyoung a quick peck on the lips. "I think I look best when I'm with you."

The statement makes Doyoung roll his eyes, but he cannot contain the small smile fighting to show up on his face. "That has nothing to do with what we're talking about." He glances sideways at Taeyong. "And keep the glasses."

"Okie dokie! I'll agree with whatever you say!" Taeyong grabs Doyoung's hand and swings it back and forth as they walk.

The occasional breeze blows, cooling down Doyoung's sweltering heart.