The Truth Behind The Mask Of Lies

Trigger Warning: This may contain sensitive stuff, If you are very sensitive about it, you can skip this... Thanks!

_________

I'm tired and that's the only thing I could feel. I have no other thoughts but to get over with everything.

I stood up. I feel anxious but thoughts flooded through my mind that says, everything would be better this way.

I walked slowly, making my way to the edge of the rooftop. I stood there, the wind blowing my hair away, I closed my eyes but it was far from the feeling of being relieve. Every burden and problem was still there.

"Let's just give everything up..."I whispered to myself and opened my eyes as I stared at the skies. "Maybe I'll find the peace that I want after."

A bitter smile was plastered on my face as tears suddenly started falling down. Every pain started striking in me and that made me more convinced that I should just end it here. I just need to take one last step.

One last step and I'm done hiding behind this mask of lies.

I took a deep breath and pursed my lips. My whole body was shaking. As I was gonna take that step with a clenched fist...

I heard him.

"Jennie!"I heard him yell, he was panting. I tightly closed my eyes and tears were far from my control from falling down.

"J-just let me slide this one, o-okay?"I said as my voice cracked because of my endless tears.

"What the hell are you saying?! If I let you slide this once, there will be no next time! You can't leave me!"He yelled.

"I'm just tired of everything! I'm tired being stronger than how I really feel! There's no fucking reason for me to live anymore!"I screamed, filled with frustration.

"One reason? Am I not a reason for you to stay?"

"Taehyung, it's not like that..."I said as my voice gone weak.

"Then stay with me until the end. If you feel hopeless and tired, tell me. I'll be your strength and I'll make you feel your worth..."

I don't deserve you...

I turned around to face him and his tears were falling. It breaks my heart seeing him like this. I bit my lip as he lift his hand up for me to reach him.

I smiled at him lightly. Instead of reaching for his hand I chose to let go. I chose to take a step backward and let go of all the pain that I never showed.

"JENNIE!"